Most overrated band?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
In line with FM and Andy in Sig's comments on another thread ... what's your vote for the most overrated band ever?
I'd go with Led Zep, much as I enjoy some of their music: they seemed to me to claim authorship of a lot of songs which they didn't actually write (Babe I'm gonna leave you, Nobody's fault but mine, White Summer/Black Mountain Side, to name but three). But I'd also throw in a vote for Robbie F*cking Williams. How he's managed to build a career on some mediocre songs and an album of third rate Sinatra covers beats me.
Anyway, over to you.

bianchi1

Guru
Oasis

TVC

Coldplay, like listening to music from inside a dead sheep.

Police, see above but with a white man ragga beat.

Level 42, Turgid thumb slapping elevator music.

Beatles seem to be put head and shoulders over all else so while good in parts are hugely over rated.

Kylie has really never had a good record! Can you think of any you would not regret buying? But she makes up for it with a nice bum.

Milo

Guru
fleetwood mac.
Only 1 ok song.

Three Came Straight To Mind, Theyve Already Been Mentioned, But:-

The Beatles
Rolling Stones
Oasis

There Are Lots That Are Overrated, But These Are Amazingly Overrated, Even So By The Musicians Themselves, They Pretty Much All Think Theyre The Best Ever, Oasis Especially Should Take Their Heads Out Of Their Arses...

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
The Beatles. Maybe it was not anywhere near born during the 60s but I don't really get it and the constant references to them. A lot of modern bands physically look similar and their music looks very similar too.

Top Bottom