Most overrated band?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
i do like some of the beatles music, but a minority of it, but thats not what this thread is about, and i defo think theyre overrated...

if i had to pick one, it would be oasis (i think) due to their pig headedness, friend went to see them at knebworth, and said that they claimed to be the best band ever, and that all other people that had played there were shoot etc!!

Rhythm Thief said:
I think it was something to do with them pretty much inventing pop music single handed.;)

i dont understand how anyone could "invent" pop music, its not a music type, just pop ular music, which nowadays usually just means "crap" most of the time

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I can't agree on The Beatles at all. I don't like all the constant Mojo-type adulation, but any band that can produce such an awesome woozy psychedelic monster like It's All Too Much, the rifftastic Hey Bulldog, and the elegance of Dear Prudence - all three of which are amongst my favourite songs - is alright by me whatever else they might have done wrong.

There is no doubt that they are overrated - anyone who gets called the best band ever probably is - but they have some reason at least to merit that title. I still prefer several other English bands of the time, most notably The Kinks, who in my view are the greatest English band ever... and sorry, but if you don't at least appreciate that other great English band, The Smiths, you just don't get a lot of things about what was so shoot and so brilliant about the 1980s all at the same time. Of course Morrisey is a twat, but at the same time a really rather brilliant one for those few years.

wafflycat

Various genres..

Morrisey - So far up his own arse
The Nolans
Oasis
Black Lace
Coldplay
Kylie - yes guys, she's got a great arse, but when you reach 40, playing the little girl squeaky voice wears a little. Time to grow up a bit.
U2
Dire Straits
Madonna
Any 'rap' artist..

arranandy said:
The Darkness - end of debate!!:tongue:
This thread requires the band in question to have been rated in the first place. I liked the Darkness, they were silly.

Oh, the Clash. Overrated pseudo-revolutionary prats. Solely responsible for the creation of the Manic Street Preachers and therefore well worth a sound thrashing.

..and the Arctic friggin' Monkeys. :angry:

Top Bottom