Most overrated band?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Surely to over-rate a band one must be in a position to imagine they have been in some way rated? Which involves one assimilating a degree of ratedness. So by over-rating one goes through the process of rating, which negates the over-ratedness...:tongue:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
Anything churned out by the 'industry' to get money out of kids pockets before they develop 'real' taste in music. All boybands, all girl bands, any manufactured svengali-lead bands. I like rock bands that formed and toured together for years in a clapped out tranny, rather than the manicured, prissy centrefold teeny crap thta is omnipresent on the radio at the moment.

jags

Guru
the stones and beatles crap ,listen you guys get a grip dont make any more comments on music please ,next thing you'll comment on bob dylan cant sing .

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
For me it has to be, not forgetting that just because you think a band is over rated dosen't mean you hate their music,

Led Zeppelin.
INXS.
The Darkness, (Goddamn awful but mainly because Justin looks like the nasty, soapy glop of hair you pull out of the plug hole when the water won't drain.)
James.

Just to mention a few...........:biggrin:

yenrod

> Most overrated band/vocalist?

Can i pick a few and change it slightly too...

Robbie (80 million $'s) Williams / Sterophonics / Duffy / OASIS !

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I was going to list them (eg. Stones, Beatles, U2, Oasis, Arctic Monkeys, that horse-faced crackhead with emphysema), but I'd just say that the most overrated bands are usually the ones that 'hip' journalists rave about. They're obviously being paid to plug a label's new band, or they like to play 'trendy' and plug some godawful no-hopers, which the others then jump upon as the new music gods.

I lost count of the bands I listened to who were being touted as the new wunderkinds, and who were absolutely dire / derivative / overblown tosh.

Now I mainly listen to unsigned and independent bands, as most of them are putting out music that puts the mainstream acts to shame.

bianchi1

Guru
"that horse-faced crackhead with emphysema"
Saw her a while back and was impressed...then the drugs kicked in.
Things used to be so different:

Top Bottom