Most overrated band?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
Chuffy said:
Oh, the Clash. Overrated pseudo-revolutionary prats. Solely responsible for the creation of the Manic Street Preachers and therefore well worth a sound thrashing.

Oi Chif Chaf go boil yer head.

The Rolling Stones and Oasis can't decide who is the worst.

Actually, I could never see the attraction of The Clash either. Pretend revolutionary white boy reggae, as far as I could see.:biggrin:

catwoman

Harking back to the olden days, it has to be the Incredible String Band. I can honestly say I have never heard such complete kak in my entire life. :rolleyes:

ChrisKH

Guru
I hated the Smiths with a vengeance inititally but over a period of a year living in the north of England I became a big fan. Sometimes I think bands can be regional. Take Stiff Little Fingers. I had a classmate who used to rave about them. Couldn't see it meself, I just wanted to say 'You're a middle class punk from Canvey Island; what do you have in common with SLF?'

red_tom

Couple of votes for The Darkness which I think is a bit unfair as surely everyone thinks they're a pile 'o' poo.

Coldplay
Hard-fi
Battles
Madness

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Chromatic said:
and has anyone mentioned REM and Radiohead?

No - the former have just carried on too long. They produced some of my favourite albums in earlier days: Life's Rich Pageant and Automatic For The People to name but two. They should have stopped when they lost their drummer. The latter are extraordinarily talented musicians who annoy a lot of people - which just on its own makes them worthwhile! Just the album 'The Bends' is worth the entire careers of many other bands whatever else they may have done...

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
catwoman said:
Harking back to the olden days, it has to be the Incredible String Band. I can honestly say I have never heard such complete kak in my entire life. :rolleyes:

Now they were truly awful - the worst kind of twee hippy shoot imaginable (along with Donovan) , but were they ever 'rated' let alone overrated except by students who has smoked way too much dope?

papercorn2000

ivancarlos said:
Right thats it! I invoke a 'papercorn2000 type' curse upon thee sir ;)

I won't hear a thing against The Clash (with the exception of most of Sandanista).

I am looking out the blowtorch and hacksaw as I type.

papercorn2000

No no no, you need to throw a saving throw against upset mental patient. Difficult with yer dice rammed up yer arse!

Top Bottom