Mow Cop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
So @ColinJ are you watching on Sunday? Make sure to shout (and take some pics or video), whatever you shout doesn't need to be encouraging, you can call me all the names under the sun if you like, I'll only hear my name so it won't matter :tongue: BTW, bring water, wind and cold proof clothing as I am praying for bad weather.

@totallyfixed can you tell if they have seeded it like a TT rather than a HC here? Looks like the fast riders are all on zero's and 5's rather than all the big hitters packed into the last few as per usual. I'm of second to last and I have got Richard Handley of Rapha Condor JTL chasing me... O.o That is going to be great having a pro fly past a couple of minutes into my ride as if I am stood still, lol!

Last edited:
So @ColinJ are you watching on Sunday? Make sure to shout (and take some pics or video), whatever you shout doesn't need to be encouraging, you can call me all the names under the sun if you like, I'll only hear my name so it won't matter :tongue: BTW, bring water, wind and cold proof clothing as I am praying for bad weather.

@totallyfixed can you tell if they have seeded it like a TT rather than a HC here? Looks like the fast riders are all on zero's and 5's rather than all the big hitters packed into the last few as per usual. I'm of second to last and I have got Richard Handley of Rapha Condor JTL chasing me... O.o That is going to be great having a pro fly past a couple of minutes into my ride as if I am stood still, lol!
Nah, you will be at least two thirds of the way up before he gets a sniff of you, and when he does get you that will be a great target to hang on to and get you a quick time. I have a feeling there will be a few TT machines riding this not to mention the odd disc wheel.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I am undecided on bike/wheel choice yet. If riding a TT bike, you may as well ride a disc, I'd be tempted to ride a road bike but with a deep rear wheel or disc wheel and a set of lightweight clip-on aero bars if I had that option. Helen won't want too deep of a front wheel though if it is windy at all, it gets exposed up the top (you know what Blackstone Edge was like, Cragg Vale ascends the same terrain but from the other side) and she will get blown all over.

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'll try and make the effort to turn out unless the weather is really disgusting!

The usual wind direction up there is from the SW, so most days you get a cross headwind coming from your right, but the last couple of times I rode up the climb I got a significant NW wind which was assisting me - trust me, that is rare!

At the moment, the forecasters seem to think that there will be a stiff SSE wind which would be a cross headwind from your left for the exposed top section. It's a bit far out off to trust the forecast though.

Do you have a link to the start list?

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
It's not on the CTT site yet, only riders will have email copies. Give it a day or so and it will go up on the CTT site. Or PM your email address and I'll forward it to you.

ColinJ

Excellent! Will be fab to see you..
..what colour mankini will you be sporting? ;)
My mankini days were over before anybody invented the mankini! :laugh:

I will either be wearing a pair of 3/4 length bib knicks, or a pair of Bikesters over shorts.

potsy

Rambler
Looks like she wasn't even trying either, too busy showing off trackstanding :rolleyes:

Helen2013.jpg

ColinJ

@totallyfixed, @dr_pink, @Rob3rt

*** Cragg Vale News! ***

I rode up the Cragg Vale climb today and discovered that there are 2 significant sets of roadworks in the first half of the climb, controlled by traffic lights. I stopped and asked the workmen how long they would be there and they said that "the work should be finished tomorrow, unless there are any major problems with the job".

It might be a good idea to get the TT event organiser to check with Calderdale Highways Dept. tomorrow afternoon!

There was the usual SW cross-headwind today, wind speed about 8 mph with gusts up to about 12 mph. It looks like Sunday might be a bit windier than that, with the wind swinging round more to the S.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed

*** Cragg Vale News! ***

I rode up the Cragg Vale climb today and discovered that there are 2 significant sets of roadworks in the first half of the climb, controlled by traffic lights. I stopped and asked the workmen how long they would be there and they said that "the work should be finished tomorrow, unless there are any major problems with the job".

It might be a good idea to get the TT event organiser to check with Calderdale Highways Dept. tomorrow afternoon!

There was the usual SW cross-headwind today, wind speed about 8 mph with gusts up to about 12 mph. It looks like Sunday might be a bit windier than that, with the wind swinging round more to the S.
Hmmmm...just what me n Martin don't want!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!

*** Cragg Vale News! ***

Emailed the organiser, awaiting response! :smile: Thanks for the heads up.

Top Bottom