Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
learned the hard way not to follow a gritter too closely while out on the bike... :whistle:
if you can't beat them, join them?
gritter.jpg

https://www.bicycling.com/news/a20024216/this-strange-invention-is-the-hero-winter-cyclists-need/

classic33

Leg End Member
I had a kipper for brunch. The flat now stinks of fish but it's too cold to open windows. It's a bit late for me to think that closing the kitchen door would have been a good idea.
Never too late to think about it being a good idea, too late to actually close the door after the fact.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I was £50 up earlier today, which went on two haircuts (£24) and lunch out for two (£12).

Then son no. 2 went out on a ride, losing his saddle bag in the process - "didn't realise it had gone, not a clue where it is ... somewhere between home and the other side of Huddersfield".

Said saddle bag (£14) contained two mech hangers, one difficult to get (£40), a tube, tyre levers and a brake pad plus some chain links (£15). Oh, and as it's come off it's also taken a rear light attached to it (£8).

So ... I end the day £63 down

:cry:

I was £50 up earlier today, which went on two haircuts (£24) and lunch out for two (£12).

Then son no. 2 went out on a ride, losing his saddle bag in the process - "didn't realise it had gone, not a clue where it is ... somewhere between home and the other side of Huddersfield".

Said saddle bag (£14) contained two mech hangers, one difficult to get (£40), a tube, tyre levers and a brake pad plus some chain links (£15). Oh, and as it's come off it's also taken a rear light attached to it (£8).

Time to make the lad take up busking, methinks... :whistle:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker

Point of order: Huddersfield has no other side than a bad side!

(Disclaimer: I've never been there. But I've heard tell ....)

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Point of order: Huddersfield has no other side than a bad side!

(Disclaimer: I've never been there. But I've heard tell ....)

Huddersfield has a "bad side", a "very bad side" and a "not as bad the very bad side side". It's more like a triangle. Note that I live in Dewsbury, much of which makes the whole of Huddersfield look soft. If you're unsure have a look at the two BBC programmes with the "Hometown" title; both of which cover Huddersfield but also Dewsbury.

I'll be through there tomorrow, using the same route as him, but doubt the saddle bag will be anywhere in sight.

Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to bed I go...

Nunnight one and all xxx :hello:

Huddersfield has a "bad side", a "very bad side" and a "not as bad the very bad side side". It's more like a triangle. Note that I live in Dewsbury, much of which makes the whole of Huddersfield look soft. If you're unsure have a look at the two BBC programmes with the "Hometown" title; both of which cover Huddersfield but also Dewsbury.

I'll be through there tomorrow, using the same route as him, but doubt the saddle bag will be anywhere in sight.
I was wondering if you had retraced his route .
You could try looking or posting on face ache . There are a few decent people around .

Top Bottom