My Boss is an a-hole

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
I would say that if everyone else is doing alright, that new people are getting more hour etc. then you need to look very closely at your self. Like a animal can seek out a nervous person so can a bully. You seem to have had issue's in the past as you say, is history repeating itself, are you in the correct field of employment.

I know I sound hard but I come from the other side of the fence, I have employed lots of people who were not as good as they seemed when interviewed, so not only bosses are wxxxxxs. Mind you only mangers and people who have employed people would know that.

You obviously haven't read all this thread. You have completely got the wrong end of the stick. If you are suggesting, which I think you are from the tone of yout post, that the situation I now find myself in is of my own making then you are very wide of the mark. I suggest you go back and read it all. There is much I have not writ which is really rather upsetting. But maybe you have and you are just trying to be provocative, in which case if you are, do you think it is ok to bully your staff, to fly into a rage, to shout and swear at them, use offensive and derogatory, racist and homophobic language, to victimise and harrass them? Maybe you do think this is acceptable in which case this would put you in the bosses from hell category. You wouldn't agree that people should be treated with respect and dignity would you?

Btw the other newer people who are working more hours have fewer responsibilities and less experience. Go figure.

screenman

Legendary Member
In that case I would say you need to man up to him as much as you just did to me on the internet, which of course is a far easier place to do it. The point I was making is you seem to have a history of being unhappy in your work place, are you in the right career? So your boss seemed threatened, do something about it.

asterix

Comrade Member
I know I sound hard but I come from the other side of the fence, I have employed lots of people who were not as good as they seemed when interviewed, so not only bosses are wxxxxxs. Mind you only mangers and people who have employed people would know that.

Absolutely. last plumber but one who I employed (on the recommendation of a neighbour) springs to mind. However, I have resisted the temptation to reduce him to a quivering mental wreck! I could, you know!

screenman

Legendary Member
It just seems to me that most people who are employed think they can do a better job than either the people above them, or the people who employ them. So why do they not get into those positions.

I have a attitude in life, if I do not like something I change it as soon as possible. No differing or quivering that just makes the matter worse.

byegad

Legendary Member
Two years does pass and then employment law is so much more useful. The trick is the write up (I know this will be a chore but it should reward you later.) every single incident, from nor speaking to you to verbal abuse via sarcasm and anything else that matters, nothing is too trivial or serious, include how you felt after each encounter and any business lost/affected by this incident.
You then put it in a numbered envelope, seal it and post it too yourself. Come a hearing producing these for the tribunal to open and read will have more effect than anything you, or he, can say on the day. By all means keep copies to show HR but keep those envelopes sealed until the day of the tribunal.
A friend had similar issues and although he did not keep his job, the boss had eventually sacked him and he was appealing the decision After producing his letters he got over two years salary awarded. This enabled him to set up his own business, one day his old firm approached him to do some work for them and he tendered a fee nearly double what he might have charged to another firm, they accepted, even his stipulation of a clause that his old boss, whose department needed the work, should not contact him in any shape or form. They accepted and as he said revenge is best served in cold hard cash.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I have a attitude in life, if I do not like something I change it as soon as possible. No differing or quivering that just makes the matter worse.

It's all very well having an all conquering attitude and knowing what to do with it but not everyone is equally as blessed. There isn't a formulaic answer to all of life's problems and a degree of empathy would not be amiss.

I have witnessed colleagues 'go under' despite possessing the chutzpah that made them appear to be invincible. I've been there myself. Extricating oneself from a bullying situation is not as simple as your proposed 'I didn't get where I am today by......' solution especially when the problem is exacerbated by stress/depression.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
They search your bags? on what grounds? Do you polish the crown jewels for a living?
I am not altogether sure that it is actually legal to search someone's bags without good cause and a police officer present. I am probably wrong but I am sure that I read something about a woman sucessfully claiming against her boss for searching her bags randomly.
I might take legal advice about that as well.

Paul J

They search your bags? on what grounds? Do you polish the crown jewels for a living?
I am not altogether sure that it is actually legal to search someone's bags without good cause and a police officer present. I am probably wrong but I am sure that I read something about a woman sucessfully claiming against her boss for searching her bags randomly.
I might take legal advice about that as well.

Many companies reserve the right to search lockers and personal bags. No breach of your rights involved as it usually forms part of your employment contract. What have you got to worry about unless that is you have something to hide.

Top Bottom