my first fixed wheel bike... budget £500 ish any suggestions ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
On-One have a special offer at the moment on the excellent Pompino - £499.

http://www.planet-x-warehouse.co.uk/acatalog/NEW____On-One_Pompino_Fixed_Gear_Build.html

colinr

I don't know what the specs really mean but the Felt looks very nice. As do the Specialized Langster, Kona Paddy Wagon and Genesis Flyer. IMHO of course.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
A word to the wise...friend of mine had a Genesis Flyer...for all of two months. Nice new fixies are scrote magnets...

Ashtrayhead

Über Member
Keith Oates said:
They're both nice bikes but for looks the Felt edges it for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've decided that I will get one! I already own a Felt Z80 road bike and it is the most comfortable bike I've ever ridden, so I'm hoping the Dispatch will be similar. Being an old bugger prone to back aches I am very impressed with the Felt and have only changed the saddle.

And they look good!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Looks fine to me!
Takes mudguards and a rack if required and a good price for ht=ydroformed frame and carbon fork. Many won't take full guards and IMO fixies are great winter bikes.
Pompino's excellent too.
I also like the Pearson Touche.

As others said if you can find a good cheap donor bike, DIY is cheapest, but good donors are now hard to find since fixies became so trendy. 10 years ago you could hardly give old 531 road-bikes away, now reasonable condition ones are getting costly.
Give one a test-ride, it all looks fine.

Farky

I've not long had a Langster and I really like it. I used to have an Allez to commute on and when the weather was nice I used to take my Viner but at the moment, if the sun is out, the Viner doesn't even get a look in for the commute! I find the langster easy to ride, quick and it handles well IMO. In terms of commuting, it's converted me to a fixed!!

Farky

I've not long had a Langster and I really like it. I used to have an Allez to commute on and when the weather was nice I used to take my Viner but at the moment, if the sun is out, the Viner doesn't even get a look in for the commute! I find the langster easy to ride, quick and it handles well IMO. In terms of commuting, it's converted me to a fixed!!

Top Bottom