My Firsts:

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cannondale Lady

Cannondale Lady

Went out again this morning. Did 9.3 miles in my best time. Got a couple of personal records and am actually 2nd on
a strava segment for this year! Guessing no one cycles up there for me go be 2nd lol. I'm top in my weight category though! Hoping to get my 1st 300 miles under my belt this week.

Having a burst of energy so gonna cook a healthy swede topped cottage pie for after work tonight. Yummy!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cannondale Lady

Cannondale Lady

One of the sculptures I saw I have called Alien Invasion (Im a photographer so I have enhanced the image a little with an oil painting effect)

Alien Invasion.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cannondale Lady

Cannondale Lady

Neglected my little thread for a while. Sorry guys. Here's my update.

I have been out a few times this week either a commute or a leisure ride. Here's some highlights and stats.........

Kids are back to school so I had to play dodge the satchel bearers which wasn't easy. Have you seen how short the girls wear their skirts.......oh my that had to be wrong. When it's cold they will get frost bite!

I wanted to get to 300 miles overall distance by the end of the week and I did it!

I did a ride yesterday which I have done before and my strava gave me 7 personal records.....that pleased me so much...it was quite 'up and down' but I really attacked the ups and enjoyed it. One up took me 7 mins and I was over the moon (but felt over the hill.....ah hang on, I was over the hill) but strava showed the segment as being done in 43 seconds by the leader.........that's stupid and seems impossible. Were they on a motorbike?

I tried a different way home from work and it knocked a good few minutes of my time so that was good.

There's a couple of horses tethered on the cycle track and I was telling hubby that their water buckets are always empty. He commutes the same way as me and every day he carries 4 litres of water in his back pack, each way, for them as well as bags of apples. Aw.......it's so sweet of him. I really need to report it to the RSPCA. I feel sorry for them.

I'm feeling the thigh muscles on my legs hardening up and that's great......its filling out the crinkles in the thighs and
the saginess above my knees lol.

Getting colder but aldis winter cycle wear out Thursday!

OP
OP
Cannondale Lady

Cannondale Lady

Thanks Devon Lass. My hubby has been into cycling since about 1982 and has failed miserably to get me into it. I decided myself to do it and got my bike (I chose it) in July. I have only cycled with hubby about 6 times. I feel to pressured when I'm with him an prefer my own company. I'm not into speed and am happy plodding along but do like to see some personal bests on my strava and manage inclines I used to struggle with.

Batgirl

In Disguise!
Amazing thread - I have read the first 10 pages and this one. How s your weight now? I'm doing SW and started out at 17 stone - am heading towards my 2 stone award now.... won't make it this week but not far off.
I was inspired by your mileage when you started out! last year I could only manage 1.5m each way before I was 'done' and no slopes at all. I'm only a pleasure cyclist but thinking of the odd commute for my new job as it's 'doable' on a dry day if I get the right bag for my laptop.
Really lovely to read your humour and achievements. 300 miles is amazing!! well done and keep writing it's fab to read.

OP
OP
Cannondale Lady

Cannondale Lady

Amazing thread - I have read the first 10 pages and this one. How s your weight now? I'm doing SW and started out at 17 stone - am heading towards my 2 stone award now.... won't make it this week but not far off.
I was inspired by your mileage when you started out! last year I could only manage 1.5m each way before I was 'done' and no slopes at all. I'm only a pleasure cyclist but thinking of the odd commute for my new job as it's 'doable' on a dry day if I get the right bag for my laptop.
Really lovely to read your humour and achievements. 300 miles is amazing!! well done and keep writing it's fab to read.

Weight sticking.......but I don't mind. I'm surprised you even read as many as 10 pages. It is a rather large thread thanks to everyone's interest.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Weight sticking.......but I don't mind. I'm surprised you even read as many as 10 pages. It is a rather large thread thanks to everyone's interest.
You will probably be losing weight in the sense that you will be burning calories etc but at the same time your leg muscles will be developing and growing stronger and it is fact that muscle is heavier than fat.
Great thread by the way, very encouraging to those of us who have targets and or goals to reach ourselves.
I achieved a personal best myself today but I won't hijack your thread.https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/show-us-your-newbie-progress.167156/post-3914457

Last edited:

Batgirl

In Disguise!
You'll be transferring fat and replacing it with muscle for sure so the scale is only a tiny bit of the picture. And it was a funny 10 pages I truly thought about the other 19 so might come back. You've inspired me to try and cycle more - and keep pushing up those 'hills' I call them hills too though I live on a seriously big hill I doubt I'll ever be brave enough to cycle down let alone attempt it home! lol

tmif

Have you been doing your measurements as well as weighing in? You will be losing fat and creating muscle... which is heavier by volume than fat.

Stick at it though. I started at 17st in January .. and have lost 57 pounds (4st) so far.

It works.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
One up took me 7 mins and I was over the moon (but felt over the hill.....ah hang on, I was over the hill) but strava showed the segment as being done in 43 seconds by the leader.........that's stupid and seems impossible. Were they on a motorbike?
:laugh:
I feel your pain, sister! :hugs:

Top Bottom