My Single Speed Project - Need help along the way.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Peter Armstrong

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Wow what an idiot, just noticed that I bought an item from, Hong Kong. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/141055094...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

OP
OP
Peter Armstrong

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
should come, just slowly but if it doesn't come it was only cheap just annoying :cursing:
Cheers Ed

I’ll have to leave the old saddle on for a while till it arrives, no doubt it will sit in customs waiting for tax to be paid, might have to buy another (From the UK)

OP
OP
Peter Armstrong

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Freewheel on, woo!
DSC_0082.jpg

AndyRM

XOXO
I’ll have to leave the old saddle on for a while till it arrives, no doubt it will sit in customs waiting for tax to be paid, might have to buy another (From the UK)

IME Customs are massively inconsistent when it comes to duty being paid. Have bought several albums and shirts from the States thinking I'd got a good deal, then been stung by Customs and had the price trebled. Also bought a watch from Japan and had nothing but international shipping to pay, same with merchandise from Norway! Baffling system, but I think it's all in how savvy the packaging is.

All that nonsense aside, looks like you'll end up with a rather nice bike and will have learned about building, a skill I aim to acquire this year!

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
IME Customs are massively inconsistent when it comes to duty being paid. Have bought several albums and shirts from the States thinking I'd got a good deal, then been stung by Customs and had the price trebled. Also bought a watch from Japan and had nothing but international shipping to pay, same with merchandise from Norway! Baffling system, but I think it's all in how savvy the packaging is.

All that nonsense aside, looks like you'll end up with a rather nice bike and will have learned about building, a skill I aim to acquire this year!

I had quite a tidy little business importing Gibson Bass guitars from the states till I got the customs bill :x

OP
OP
Peter Armstrong

Peter Armstrong

Über Member

So whats that chances that I receive the item?
Im glad im building it, knowing that I can maintain any parts or replace cheaply whenever its needed.
(Already thinking about doing another oops)

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
So whats that chances that I receive the item?
Im glad im building it, knowing that I can maintain any parts or replace cheaply whenever its needed.
(Already thinking about doing another oops)

I've bought a few items from Hong Kong via eBay. There has been the odd occasion whereby the item still hasnt arrived after 3 weeks. They have either issued a refund or sent another item...only for the first item to arrive the next day lol.

On the whole you generally get the item, just don't expect it too quickly! If you get it in 7 days you've done well.

Top Bottom