My Single Speed Project - Need help along the way.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
you have free hub i think as i said before so threads are no problem unless you are replacing free hub body
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
Peter Armstrong

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
you have free hub i think as i said before so threads are no problem unless you are replacing free hub body
Cheers Ed
Ed I don't have a free hub, it's an old freewheel, available a look at the pics.

OP
OP
Peter Armstrong

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
Starting to look like a bike, just waiting for thecrankset, freewheel and bits n Bob's to be delivered.
DSC_0081.jpg

young Ed

Veteran
looking nice you having nice silver shiny cranks on there?
you going to fit any bar tape?
Cheers Ed
P.S i love the assistant in the background there looks like great help and on the ball!
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
Peter Armstrong

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
looking nice you having nice silver shiny cranks on there?
you going to fit any bar tape?
Cheers Ed
P.S i love the assistant in the background there looks like great help and on the ball!
Cheers Ed

yes, got some brown handle bar tape coming and chrome crankset and chrome freewheel.

Chips great, he helps by stealing tools and parts and makes me chase him, hes napping there from all his hard work

young Ed

Veteran
yes, got some brown handle bar tape coming and chrome crankset and chrome freewheel.

Chips great, he helps by stealing tools and parts and makes me chase him, hes napping there from all his hard work
should look great! :biggrin:

how old is Chip, he looks like a pup maybe 6 months or a year? be careful with the bar tape around him i can imagine what could happen!
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
Peter Armstrong

Peter Armstrong

Über Member
should look great! :biggrin:

how old is Chip, he looks like a pup maybe 6 months or a year? be careful with the bar tape around him i can imagine what could happen!
Cheers Ed
Chips 5 month now, carnt wait for the rest of the stuff to be delivered, get this finished and get out on it!

young Ed

Veteran
Chips 5 month now, carnt wait for the rest of the stuff to be delivered, get this finished and get out on it!
sure should be good fun in spring when it all starts warming up and in the summer it ought to be great! :biggrin: :bicycle:
is this your entry into the club or have you ridden ss before?
Cheers Ed

young Ed

Veteran
loving the dual position brake levers :biggrin:
i are you doing it up just because you want a single speed or are you making it look as it would have back in it's day?
if the latter then the seat needs to go, sorry to say :sad: even if the seat doesn't go it's set up wrong in above photo!
Cheers Ed

John Edmondson

loving the dual position brake levers :biggrin:
i are you doing it up just because you want a single speed or are you making it look as it would have back in it's day?
if the latter then the seat needs to go, sorry to say :sad: even if the seat doesn't go it's set up wrong in above photo!
Cheers Ed
In agreement, Personally, i'd take a hacksaw to those mate... ;)

Top Bottom