My town is (in)famous for....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
None of you will beat this......

The following people are natives of Ellesmere Port, or have lived there for a period of time.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
None of you will beat this......

The following people are natives of Ellesmere Port, or have lived there for a period of time.

Very nice, but by including John Prescott, you have just landed on 'Go to jail', so get to the back of the que!:giggle:

U

User169

Numerous authors live here such as Francis Fyfeild, William Horwood, Mark Billingham and author and TV political correspondant Gavin Esler.

And the sadly neglected Simon Raven.

His publisher made him move to Deal to keep him out of trouble: he was offered a weekly wage along with his dentist, tailor and vintner fees (the latter "within reason"), plus dinner nightly, if he would leave London, live in digs by the seaside, and write.

Bodhbh

Guru
Couple of other Northampton claims to fame: Errol Flynn cut his teeth acting at the Royal Theatre...the bus station.

From Grimsby here - pretty much fish and frozen food. Living in Salisbury atm, that seems to be Ted Heath right now :laugh:

Trickedem

Guru
Building HMS Victory
The Desk of the US President (The Resolute Desk)
Charles Dickens
Will Adams (the first Westerner to visit Japan)
The birthplace of Kelly Brook
The birthplace of the Chav

Venod

Eh up
lcorcie2_2970734c.jpg

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.

His publisher made him move to Deal to keep him out of trouble: he was offered a weekly wage along with his dentist, tailor and vintner fees (the latter "within reason"), plus dinner nightly, if he would leave London, live in digs by the seaside, and write.
Very bizzarely i found one his books on the train on Tuesday which looked very new and which is now sitting on my pile of books to read. I have never read any of his books and this one "Shadows on the Grass " is about cricket of which my own knowledge could be written on a postage stamp. However i have promised a friend to go and watch the local team play at the club at the bottom of my road this weekend so perhaps i will take the book in the vain hope i main learn something about the game.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.

Very bizzarely i found one his books on the train on Tuesday which looked very new and which is now sitting on my pile of books to read. I have never read any of his books and this one "Shadows on the Grass " is about cricket of which my own knowledge could be written on a postage stamp. However i have promised a friend to go and watch the local team play at the club at the bottom of my road this weekend so perhaps i will take the book in the vain hope i main learn something about the game.

Top Bottom