Need a helmet that will not make me too sweaty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GuyBoden

Guru
I maybe wrong, but surely the more holes that are cut into the (EPS) polystyrene Helmet the less it will protect your head in a crash...........

I maybe wrong, but surely the more holes that are cut into the (EPS) polystyrene Helmet the less it will protect your head in a crash...........
That's where minimum standards come in.

OP
OP
U

united4ever

Über Member
Agree about wearing less if you are sweating a lot. Try and start cold and reach an optimum temp whilst riding.

oh I do.....i am the least covered of most of the commuters I see on my rides. running vest and shorts until 2 weeks ago. now shirt sleeved top and shorts.

it's all good advice by the way. never fails to amaze me how most cycle related topics have such myriad of points and considerations.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
You could always try reducing your speed to say average 12 mph. Means an extra 8 mins each way but you may not need a shower at each end. So it will worrk out even stevens.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Cars have it right here, they have rapidly got better than the "minimum" protection over the last twenty years because they are all NCAP tested, star rated and the crash video put online.

AKAIK there is nothing similar for cycle helmets. I suspect if they did more would have an aluminium or similar strong outer shell to lessen the risk of the helmet just cracking open on impact.

Top Bottom