New bike arrived today!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Went to LBS today and got the seatpost cut to the right height, and here it is again with all of 2cms cut off...

DSCF4219.jpg

Gave it a ride along the road in my jeans and T-shirt and it feels a) fast :laugh: fast and c) just right :smile:

I still have to fit the pedals properly and get the cleats swapped on my shoes to fit the keos to give it a proper ride...entry sent off to local 10 TT today so I'll have to get out on it a few times beforehand to twaek the position (if needed and get used to it.

Chrisc

Guru
Wow! Beeyootifull!
All Terrain eh?
Good to know they can do something right. In the shop it's really a case that they are damn hopeless, aren't interested and just CBA to talk to you.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Chrisc said:
All Terrain eh?
Good to know they can do something right. In the shop it's really a case that they are damn hopeless, aren't interested and just CBA to talk to you.

I'd heard bad/lukewarm reports prior to ordering and thought I might encounter some problems, but I cannot fault them. Everything was 100% spot-on. I sent them an e-mail of thanks highlighting what was good about their service and got a reply saying 'thanks, I'll pass it on to the team'. Maybe they'll learn that speaking to people and being helpful works! :smile::laugh:

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

porkypete said:
Doesnt it come with R&K mounting then?

I've got bikes with mountings and racks and panniers and comfy bits and raised stems and single speed and one fixed gear....this one doesnae, although it does have fixings for a bottle cage :laugh:

PpPete

Legendary Member
A bottle cage mount? Forsooth, that will slow you down !

Jealous? I'm not, no really not, not even one tiny weeny bit.
And you thought the porky referrred to my size !

I recognise that instrument of torture as a TT bike; a serious TT bike. So have you got some serious TT times lined up? It's bloody hard going fast, so hard I don't. I think I did 10 in 29 once and decided it was too much effort to do again.

OP
OP
Noodley

Noodley

Crackle said:
So have you got some serious TT times lined up? It's bloody hard going fast...

This may appear as a really stupid reply and fall into the 'all the gear and no idea' category as well as the 'more money than he knows what to do with it' <although it is on 0% finance over a couple of years>...and maybe self indulgent.:laugh::blush:

I did a club TT a few weeks ago on my road bike, the first time I have ever tried to go fast on a bike as I have never thought I could. I discovered that I wasn't fast (no surprise there) but that I loved it. I like to challenge myself rather than compete against others - I know if I did compete that I'd become completely obsessed with winning <past experience> and that does not fit with having other interests and my kids and Mrs Noodley to enjoy their hobbies.

I started riding audax a few years ago and managed to 'tick off' all my goals without too much bother but then got ill; which pissed me off. Big style. But I grew to accept it....and 'retired' from audax.

I am now getting back into audax as I have not been 'ill' for about 4 months <the longest period since may 2007>...and after that first clubbie TT decided I should give it a go. So bought a TT bike. :laugh: I shall still be down the field, but it's more about me than anyone else...

It's certainly not a stupid reply. I find great joy in setting personal challenges in my cycling and running, always have. How you set them and what you choose to do is for your own achievment, as is what you choose to do them on. Competing against yourself is the greatest challenge and the most satisfying. TT'ing is a great idea.

Though that bike would likely have me in traction after 30 minutes but I love the way it looks.

Your challenge, should you wish to accept it, is to do next years Etape Caledonia on it, and to be able to walk within 2 weeks of the finish of the sportive! :tongue:

Seriously nice bike! Good luck with the TT's!;)

Top Bottom