New take on a near thing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

It must be this thread! A stupid woman in a Ford B-Max overtook me today when I was signalling right.
Once saw a program where a driver would only ever then left they would make a mile journey into 5 mules just so they never had to turn right

classic33

Leg End Member
Hhmm, I'll close pass a cyclist when I know they might have a camera. Sh1t for brains comes to mind.
I've been passed, right to left, having pointed out they're on camera whilst driving alongside me.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I had a tipper truck driver do it a couple years ago. Scared the shoot out of me.
The latest was last week when an Audiot overtook despite the right arm sticking out.
Good visibility on both days.
They just don't give a flying fook as there's virtually no chance of being caught by the rozzers and if they were, nothing would be done.

I had similar happen to me,

Junction two lanes, right lane straight on, left lane left turn

After junction is a steep-ish hill and my right turn about 10 meters after crossing the junction with the lights on.

I set off, I indicate, I start moving right, I get overtaken by a new MINI, and slap the roof before disappearing up the small road and into the woods.

Had gloves on so very unlikely I scratched the paint, I won't have dented it, but wasn't stopping around to debate.

vickster

Legendary Member
I was indicating and turning right on a mini roundabout today...some impatient daffodil thought it appropriate to try to overtake on my right :wacko::angry:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Tbh, I have been passed in such a fashion by fellow cyclists, both on the road and on segregated paths.
As I always do a life saver, collision has not happened ... yet, but some swearwords have been uttered.
Like @Katherine, on the roads I will use a junction with traffic lights to turn right if possible, after almost being squashed while waiting to turn, by a car wanting to turn into me.

400bhp

Guru
Had a couple. Worst was when a car overtook the car directly behind me and therefore overtook myself just at the point I was turning right off a main road. Very fortunately I’d done an over the shoulder double check. I’d have been dead for sure and the driver would have seen prison time I reckon.

Top Bottom