News too exciting for the 'Mundane News' thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
My cousins from South Wales have been stirring up my life recently. Cousin Peter has just launched his new book:

and his brother has just dragged me off on a trip to Blackpool to visit the Pleasure Beach. I think I can safely confirm that I'm not a rollercoaster fanatic. It's good to be able to say I've been on "The Big One" but it was the longest two minutes of my life.:eek::eek::eek: Please don't ask me to do it again.

(Joking apart - a good couple of days and I really appreciated the invitation).

After The Big One I decided to sit out the next ride (Icon) and get photos instead.

Blackpool Tower

The "Comedy Carpet" on the prom in front of the tower.

Later in the evening.

Next day: the Comedy Carpet viewed through the glass floor in the tower.

Looking south from the tower.

gavgav

Guru
My cousins from South Wales have been stirring up my life recently. Cousin Peter has just launched his new book:
View attachment 487879

and his brother has just dragged me off on a trip to Blackpool to visit the Pleasure Beach. I think I can safely confirm that I'm not a rollercoaster fanatic. It's good to be able to say I've been on "The Big One" but it was the longest two minutes of my life.:eek::eek::eek: Please don't ask me to do it again.

(Joking apart - a good couple of days and I really appreciated the invitation).

View attachment 487881

After The Big One I decided to sit out the next ride (Icon) and get photos instead.

View attachment 487887
Blackpool Tower

View attachment 487883
The "Comedy Carpet" on the prom in front of the tower.

View attachment 487884
Later in the evening.

View attachment 487885
Next day: the Comedy Carpet viewed through the glass floor in the tower.

View attachment 487886
Looking south from the tower.
You chose to go to Blackpool?! :ohmy:
And on a rollercoaster?! :ohmy:

Brave!

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Went for a walk in the dark last night. More people than I expected.

1.jpg

The dance school me and my missus attended has been closed for the last 6 months and opened its doors last night to group lessons. Due to all the COVID restrictions and older peoples fears there were just 3 couples for the advanced waltz and Rumba last night. We have not practiced a step for 6 months ( missus managed to have a heart attack a few months ago as well) but it was surprising how it all started to come back. The young instructor threw a bit too many new moves in, in one go for me but really enjoyed it. My missus recorded her best nights sleep on her fitbit since lockdown I think it was more due to contentment than being tired.

I fixed my Girlfriends Central heating yesterday ( it was coming on even when timer set to off in the middle of the night) and have won her eternal grattitude. Her rather useless central heating engineer who had not fxed it after 2 visits and then ignored all calls . I got my trusty voltmeter out and followed the programmable timer , boilers and thermostats circuit diagram. Diagnosis was faulty programmable timer ( rather obvious as continually flashing) and the engineer had wired it so that it was actually ignoring the timer and only using the thermostat to turn the heating on and off.

Top Bottom