Nice HGV driver - doesn't see car.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Shocking!!!

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
That's exactly what happened to my Wife last year, although fortunately the driver had a passenger who noticed he'd clipped my Wife's car and turned it in front of the HGV.. so he stopped.

My youngest Daughter was in the child seat in the back, and my Sis-inLaw over from Canada in the passenger seat which ended up nearest the front of the HGV!!!!

Unbelievable!

My mate used to drive lorries - part of their training was to park a car in front of the cab, climb in the cab, and then realise that you couldn't see the car - the field of vision starts about 6 metres in front of the cab. Round my way, some lorries now have horizontal mirrors in front of the windscreen so that drivers can see precisely that front-of-cab blind spot.

thomas

the tank engine
semislickstick said:
Is that real or a stunt?
Wouldn't you be beeping your horn like mad?
Wouldn't other traffic try to warn the lorry? Not much traffic around for the lorry to be in the fast/middle lane.

If anyone wants to ask them.....http://www.arclidtransport.co.uk/contact.asp

Looked pretty real. I think if something like that happened sensible reactions of what to do would go out the window.

Very weird & scary.

Tynan

Veteran
that clip of the truck nearly killing Boris Johnson on the back road is the manic one, where the back door swings open and picks a range rover up in the air and throws it across the road

StuartG

slower but further
When I was driving lorries in the late 1960s quite a few had windows at floor level on both sides so you could see what was around the front sides of you.

One would have thought a proximity warning device would be useful too.

But it comes back to the regulators - allowing designs with significant blind spots anywhere should be a no-no.

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Clio, 90% plastic so hardly any weight there.
I saw a lorry turn a car 90 degrees on the M6 by Fort Dunlop last year. I was going the opposite way, but I think the lorry driver knew. If he breaks too hard is it possible that the car will then carry on on its' own momentum and is then likely to flip over.
Your instinct would be to stamp on the brake, you would probably be so busy sh1tting yourself, you wouldn't take it off.

Top Bottom