Nightmare on Continental street ( yet again )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Racing roadkill
Let it pass you by, I've noticed that many cc members seem to be in an incredibly bitchy mood today. It's supposed to be a forum to chat about cycling, but I've seen quite a few subjected to a snark fest for doing just that today.

IMG_3888.JPG

U

User33236

I like 4 Seasons. Durano Plus are very puncture resistant, but a bit 'dead' in feel.
I run Durano with Raceguard as opposed to the Plus version on one of my bikes. A rental bike on holiday one time had the Plus and, as you say, they are a bit 'dead'.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I've had one puncture on D+ in well over 10k miles. Fab tyres. Dead? Well, they pretty much kill the PF.....

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I've never been a fan of Continental tyres. But I do think getting a puncture is more down to bad luck rather then the tyre. Myself and @rb58 both run the same Rubino tyres on our bikes. He has had a couple of punctures on his newly fitted tyres, yet I've had none with mine, and I've done a 1000+ miles on them already.

My commute bike runs D+. Good wearing, good puncture proof and dead? I wouldn't say so. Maybe if you have pumped them at silly psi, otherwise they ride pretty good.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I do think getting a puncture is more down to bad luck rather then the tyre.

I subscribe to this too, you can have a bad run on any tyre, in fact I think we all have done at some point. Whatever make that is, that tyre will forevermore be a "bad" tyre in your own eyes, and you'll come on fora to tell people it's bad. The reverse is also true, do a thousand puncture free miles on brand "Y" and you'll no doubt be a brand ambassador. But your luck largely decides what your experience is going to be.

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
I subscribe to this too, you can have a bad run on any tyre, in fact I think we all have done at some point. Whatever make that is, that tyre will forevermore be a "bad" tyre in your own eyes, and you'll come on fora to tell people it's bad. The reverse is also true, do a thousand puncture free miles on brand "Y" and you'll no doubt be a brand ambassador. But your luck largely decides what your experience is going to be.
I've had no issues with the D+, and managed 20 times the mileage. I've had to dig a fair few nasty pointy things out of the D+ tyres as well. I've never made it far enough to be able to check the Continentals, having picked up ( far smaller) pointy stuff.

keithmac

Guru
CST Xpedium Safe+ on my commuter, accidentally ridden through glass a few times and they've managed to survive unscathed.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I bought the Continental 4 Season tyres in the summer and they were dreadful. Both front and back punctured.

I went straight back to Schwalbe. No more problems.

Top Bottom