Nightmare on Continental street ( yet again )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Been using these tyres for two weeks now. They roll pretty well for what they are.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
After getting tired of multiple punctures on the commute I went with Schwalbe Marathon Plus on the basis they seem almost bomb-proof and <touch wood> not a one since. :whistle:

Didnt a CC member once describe M+ ride as 'jogging in wellies' or was that about the D+?

its almost 2am and my memory is failing me.

Shaun

Founder
Didnt a CC member once describe M+ ride as 'jogging in wellies' or was that about the D+?
That's possibly a fair comparison - the protection built in to them makes them heavier / harder running than a soft, light, smooth tyre; but there comes a point where the repeated punctures stop being "fun" and you'll take whatever tyres are going to stop you doing the "walk the bike" home. ^_^

bondirob

I don't like them (Duranos), what do you and everybody else here think of Gatorskins, please?

Don't want to tempt fate but other than a few pinch flats when I first bought
my Gatorskins I've not had any punctures. Once I'd pumped the back tyre up a bit they've been fine.
Nothing's ever got through the tyre, it's getting on for nearly 2 years now and I'm not averse to going off road when it takes my fancy.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
My opinion of them is slightly lower than a snakes goolies. I wore one down to the cords inside 500 miles once.
How is this possible, were you putting so much power down you were spinning it up?

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
How is this possible, were you putting so much power down you were spinning it up?
I do spin the rear up quite readily on some of the steeper hills on some of my routes, especially if there are leaves, or wet gravelly mud on the roads, this is never going to be good for a fragile tyre.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I've never been a fan of Continental tyres. But I do think getting a puncture is more down to bad luck rather then the tyre. Myself and @rb58 both run the same Rubino tyres on our bikes. He has had a couple of punctures on his newly fitted tyres, yet I've had none with mine, and I've done a 1000+ miles on them already.

Well would you believe it. Myself and @rb58 out on a ride today. Both on Rubino's shod wheels. He had yet another puncture whilst I was fine.

Top Bottom