Nightmare on Continental street ( yet again )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This morning I grabbed my bike, and set off for Basinggrad. 4 miles in, the worse than rubbish Continental GP 4 seasons punctured
(Yet again). So tyre comes off, tube comes out, tyre gets checked, a tiny piece of glass has gotten through the outstanding puncture protection (yet again). So I hooked it out, checked for anything else, put it all back together, inflated, and just as I was about to set off, BANG. WTAF:cursing:. The new tube has blown up. Start again, just about to set off, BANG. Oh really FFS. Check the tyre ( yet again), oh there it is, side wall thread damage is buggering every new tube. Some kind souls stopped and asked if I needed a new tube, unfortunately due the utter crapness of the GP4 seasons, that wasn't going to help. So a nice 4 mile walk home was in order. Not to be defeated, I grabbed the bike with the actually superb Schwalbe D+ tyres on it, and took myself off for a ride, to replenish my tube supply, and buy some Decathlon Puncture resist tyres. I don't know if they are any good, but anything is better than the utter horse poo Continentals. I'm having a beer before heading home.

S-Express

There's something deeply satisfying in reading about your misfortunes. Please keep posting them...

OP
OP
Racing roadkill
1000 miles, 8 punctures ( some truly tiny bits causing them) 1 fatal bead failure.

:hello: POS tyres.

image.jpg

IMG_3908.JPG

Now to fit the new Decathlon ones, they cost a fraction as much, and can't be any worse.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I like 4 Seasons. Durano Plus are very puncture resistant, but a bit 'dead' in feel.

Slick

Guru
I like 4 Seasons. Durano Plus are very puncture resistant, but a bit 'dead' in feel.
I got a puncture one week after fitting the Durano +, but I kept the faith and the current set has covered around 1500 miles without showing any sign of stress. Not sure about the dead feel, unless I have just gotten used to it.

Lonestar

Veteran
They sound like good tyres.Remind me not to get any.

When I had those solid tyres I do remember not getting any þûÑ©†û®è§.

Last edited:

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Yes it does, but a piece that you'd need a microscope to find shouldn't. And the bead shouldn't fail inside 1000 miles.

Let it pass you by, I've noticed that many cc members seem to be in an incredibly bitchy mood today. It's supposed to be a forum to chat about cycling, but I've seen quite a few subjected to a snark fest for doing just that today.

Top Bottom