Nightmare on Continental street ( yet again )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tim Hall

Not as far as I know
Tattoos repel punctures. Fact.

U

User33236

About 4 years ago I was getting punctures so frequently, at least one every ride, I was seriously considering giving up cycling. Can't recall the last time I had one now.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
My opinion of them is slightly lower than a snakes goolies. I wore one down to the cords inside 500 miles once.
Well, its just that I was talking to the chap at my LBS yesterday and I was telling him that I didn't like the tyres I had on the bike. I said that I liked the punctureproofness of them, but that I found them slippy and preferred slicks to treaded tyres. He then recommended the gators as an alternative.

Edited for looking like it was written by a drunk.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Racing roadkill
Well, its just that i was talking to the chap at my LBS yeatsrday and I was telling him that i didn't like the tyres I had on the bike. I said that i liked the punctureproofness of them, but that I found them slippy and preferred slicks to treaded tyres. He then recommended the gators as an alternative.
Kickback city.

r04DiE

Kickback city.
What, you think he's just interested in the money?

r04DiE

Ha ha, and after all that I'm actually running M+'s. Bike at the shop so not here for me to look at. Good short term memory, anybody? :cry:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Didnt a CC member once describe M+ ride as 'jogging in wellies' or was that about the D+?

its almost 2am and my memory is failing me.

I'm a tourer not a racer and so going a fraction slower makes no difference to me. Marathon Plus are perfct for me. Ive never jogged in wellies. I dont know what it feels lke.

subaqua

What’s the point
That's possibly a fair comparison - the protection built in to them makes them heavier / harder running than a soft, light, smooth tyre; but there comes a point where the repeated punctures stop being "fun" and you'll take whatever tyres are going to stop you doing the "walk the bike" home. ^_^

its a kevlar band apparently. well thats what it said on the label that was attached to the last one I bought when the 3rd puncture in as many days in the Schwalbe spicer happened.

Johnno260

Veteran
I bought some Gatorskins for puncture resistance and they have suffered a few punctures, vs glass I won't complain as that's a big ask of any tyre, the feeble thorn that managed to pierce them I was very un-happy about, I am going to try some Vittorias next.

Top Bottom