No Gloves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I went for my usual lunch ride (lucky me) yesterday, its a 15 mile 600 foot up and down on a road bike.
It was cold, and wet and I forgot my glovies.
I went out without them and my hands soon calmed down from the elements.

Aside from cutting my hand slightly, it was rubbing on the cable casing near the brake ....

I really really enjoyed being able to feel the road more, it was quite amazing and come spring, I shall go commando more often.

Anyone else prefer no gloves?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Every now and then in warmer months I do.

si_c

Guru
Currently using full finger MTB gloves, albeit still quite lightweight, as my concession to the colder weather. Normally I wear very thin fingerless gloves in the warmer months (including the most recent November), as I prefer the feel of them. I wouldn't not wear gloves though, for the same reasons as @raleighnut.

Although having said that I did get out the heavy waterproof, wind proof Night Vision gloves for the commute home last night.

Fingerless only, complete opposite to my better half. If I wear full finger gloves I get sweaty hands even in temps well below freezing, though I will take them with me on very long rides just to conserve heat.

Kumquat

I only wear "gloves for warmth" not "gloves for cycling"

I forgot them on my commute this morning and my fingers were agony!

rugby bloke

Veteran
Always wear fingerless gloves, for crash protection as mush as anything. Having gone through the palms a couple of times after unscheduled dismounts I would not fancy the result if I was gloveless.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The skin on your palms is a little less durable than tarmac. I always wear some kind of gloves. A furniture restorer I know told me that he couldn't do any work at all for two weeks after he put his hands down to break a fall.

Top Bottom