No TV Licence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
I suggest you read the primary legislation, which is quoted upthread. It is very clear: if you have a televisions receiver installed or (note it is 'or' - not 'and') use it for receiving broadcasts you need a licence.

Nothing in the Regulations contradicts that.

I'm afraid it does. If I install and use a TV solely for the purpose of playing my DVDs, I am not contravening any of the provisions of the 2004 Regulations, as quoted above.

Still, if contradictory Acts and Regulations confuse the lawyers, it can't be all bad. :smile:

Freds Dad

Veteran
Have TV licensing still got those magic vans that can tell if you have a TV and also which channel you are watching?

[QUOTE 4733807, member: 259"]The only person I've ever met who watches Alba is a lecturer in Scottish studies in Germany who is trying to teach herself Gaelic. S4C is like the Fox Network in comparison.[/QUOTE]
They do show non-Premier Scottish football games live and have some decent documentaries.

tyred

Legendary Member
Do I need a licence for this?
Bookcase.jpg

Do I get it cheaper as they're all printed in black and white?

AndyRM

XOXO
They do show non-Premier Scottish football games live and have some decent documentaries.

Fitba commentary in Gaelic is glorious, poetic almost.

Ball-coise beò le Dundee United a' dol an aghaidh St Mirren ann an cuairt dheireannach Cupa Dùbhlan na h-Alba na bliadhna sa.

Trans: two pish teams are playing live on Saturday. One thought selling their best players to Ra Sellic would be a great idea, without a discernible plan, and the other is St Mirren, which says it all.

Join us to find out who's worst!

classic33

Leg End Member
Fitba commentary in Gaelic is glorious, poetic almost.

Ball-coise beò le Dundee United a' dol an aghaidh St Mirren ann an cuairt dheireannach Cupa Dùbhlan na h-Alba na bliadhna sa.

Trans: two pish teams are playing live on Saturday. One thought selling their best players to Ra Sellic would be a great idea, without a discernible plan, and the other is St Mirren, which says it all.

Join us to find out who's worst!

Live football with Dundee United to go against St Mirren in the Challenge Cup final Scottish year.

dà pish sgiobaidhean a 'cluich beò air Disathairne. Duine den bheachd reic an cluicheadairean as fheàrr a Ra Sellic bhiodh mòr bheachd, gun mothachadh a 'phlana, agus eile a tha St Mirren, a tha ag ràdh gur e na h-uile.

Thig còmhla rinn gus faighinn a-mach cò a tha as miosa!

TreeHuggery

their most recent letter to me, told me if I don't contact them and say I don't need a licence, they will visit me and see if I have a TV, but (turns over page) if I do contact them and say I don't need a licence they will visit me and see if I have a TV
I do hope they come round, I get rather lonely through the day with only the radio for company.

Top Bottom