Non cyclists look upon cyclists as weird

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Can we just clear something up here. Most of you lot are weird.
No weirder than anyone else one here.

mustang1

Guru
Just tell them you're going to appear on strictly come dancing or bake off or any other similar program. When they get excited tell them how weird they are and that you'd rather ride your bike.

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Yet a lot of them will happily drive to the gym and sit on a bike that doesn't go anywhere!
And then use an escalator to get from the car park up to the gym doors! :laugh:

escalator-sm.jpg

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The weirdest bit for me is getting up at stupid o clock to go out for a ride. This Sunday it was hammering down with rain outside at 6am and the voice in my head was yelling Stop it! Go back to bed! This is not normal!
It's not normal, the pubs won't be open for hours.

hatler

Guru
Things have changed over the last few years though. When I started cyclo-commuting in 2004 there was no-one in my social group who cycled at all, let alone to work.

Now ?

About half the people I know cycle on something at least approaching a regular basis, and a good number of them commute by bike too. People who, just a few years ago, wouldn't have even considered it. It wouldn't have occurred to them that the bike could be used to get to work.

It does help that I'm in London I think, as cyclists are very visible, so it is becoming, if not the norm, certainly a well established travel mode.

huwsparky

Über Member
I don't think I've ever been looked at as weird for riding a bike. People maybe a little taken aback by the distance one can cover on a bike in a relatively short period of time but that's about it.

Top Bottom