Non cyclists look upon cyclists as weird

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjd57

Veteran
In fairness I cycle really quickly when I'm in Bridgeton as well :okay:

I come out of Glasgow Green and go along London Rd . Not one of our city's more scenic bits.
Then there's the crazy unfinished cycle lane from the cross up to the Velodrome.
" Shared path "......on the way to a match , doesn't really work.

snorri

Legendary Member
But you don't need to go in as you are not stopping. So what has cycle parking got to do with it?
Yebbut I was giving a possible reason for people who do go into the gym, why they drove there and back home:smile:.

I don't go in, well I did go in last month for my flu injection and told the clerk that I felt most uncomfortable there as the place brought back memories of school gym classes:sad:.

snorri

Legendary Member
That sucks. Have you tried reporting that fault to its operator or the borough council?
Yes, in writing to the management. It is operated by some splinter group on behalf of the local authority .
I made representations about ten years ago and the car park has doubled in size since then but cycle parking ...no change:sad::sad:.

I come out of Glasgow Green and go along London Rd . Not one of our city's more scenic bits.
Then there's the crazy unfinished cycle lane from the cross up to the Velodrome.
" Shared path "......on the way to a match , doesn't really work.
Yeah, that bit of infra is bizarre, I can't imagine it gets much use as it doesn't neatly join up with NCN74 or go anywhere in particular.
Judging by Strava's heatmaps it gets about half as much usage as London Road (though the velodrome looks amazing on the heatmap)

Kudos for braving match night traffic - do you ever get any bother? If I'm in the office when there's a game on I'll usually wait a few hours to let the area clear up a bit.

Milzy

Guru
It’s same with running. People don’t get it. They wonder why people bother to do it and some take p1$$. You are physically very fit, running a sub 3 hour marathon and people shout run forest run etc. The chavs like to lift weights and take steroids. Complete knuckle draggers don’t respect cardio athletes.

pjd57

Veteran
Yeah, that bit of infra is bizarre, I can't imagine it gets much use as it doesn't neatly join up with NCN74 or go anywhere in particular.
Judging by Strava's heatmaps it gets about half as much usage as London Road (though the velodrome looks amazing on the heatmap)

Kudos for braving match night traffic - do you ever get any bother? If I'm in the office when there's a game on I'll usually wait a few hours to let the area clear up a bit.

I had tried cycling to games once or twice before. But this season I've done it for all the home games. 7:5 miles door to door on Strava. If it's a nice day I'll go down the Kelvin and along the Clyde which is a bit longer.
Midweek it's straight through the city centre.
No hassle whatsoever. Bike rack at the shop and it's about 20- 30 minutes quicker.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
The chavs like to lift weights and take steroids. Complete knuckle draggers don’t respect cardio athletes.

I'd never thought of it like this but now you've mentioned it, the weights section of my local gym does attract a certain type.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Yes, in writing to the management. It is operated by some splinter group on behalf of the local authority .
I made representations about ten years ago and the car park has doubled in size since then but cycle parking ...no change:sad::sad:.
If no joy with the managers, complain to the council. In my borough, no cycle parking would normally be a breach of planning permission conditions, especially if the car park has expanded in the last 12 years. We don't have enough parking but to provide none is shocking.

Top Bottom