Non-pedal powered vehicles you drove

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I mainly drive these for a living :blush:
POD19-05-10.jpg

Brains

Legendary Member
The three biggest vehicles I've ever driven were;

Heather Nova's tour bus
(The drivers and crew got pissed on the last night of the tour, the band were asleep in the back, I was a guest that night and the only English person who could drive a right hand drive vehicle so I drove it 20 miles across Paris in the middle of the night, God knows how they all thought they got home that evening)

A 'mini-winnie' American RV.
It was 2 feet longer than a London double decker. I drove that for over 2,000 miles in New England

A Mercedes 4x4x4 truck, 22 seater.
Driven in Peru and Bolivia

gavgav

Guru
A large number of buses/coaches, including this particular one to Austria and back on a Ski-Tour. I only worked in the office and did a bit of driving when we were busy to help out and so I count that as a major achievement :smile:
exec.jpg

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
OK, if we're going for it...
Microlight, light aircraft, glider, 50-odd foot barges, a few yachts and a Honda C70.
On a track - Lotus Elise, Caterham 7 and a Ferrari 360.
One of the pro drivers took me for two fast laps in the Elise. I have rarely been so scared.

Night Train

Maker of Things
There's a point. I have driven a 65' canal boat and a 35' canal boat. I even managed a three point turn in the 65' one.
I have also driven a great many 7.5 ton trucks from Salford Van Hire.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Oh yes, I've driven boats also, things like canal boats and so on as well as having rowed many a boat in my time too.

And before I forget, I've driven a Warship.

......BR Western Region diesel hydraulic Warship Class, D832 Onslaught that is.

tyred

Legendary Member
An 1958 MF 65 was the first thing I ever drove, aged about 5. Similar to the one in the photo (although I think that's a MK II, difficult to tell from that angle). Growing up on a farm has many advantages, I've drove all sorts. I've always loved the tractors of the 1960s - 1970s (I grew up with working with tractors like these even though I was born in 1979. mf65.jpg

I have these in my collection as well as my many bikes, MK I Golf and Peugeot 205. Is there such a thing as collectors anonymous (like alcoholics anonymous) as I can't stop collecting things.

Night Train

Maker of Things
An 1958 MF 65 was the first thing I ever drove, aged about 5. Similar to the one in the photo (although I think that's a MK II, difficult to tell from that angle). Growing up on a farm has many advantages, I've drove all sorts. I've always loved the tractors of the 1960s - 1970s (I grew up with working with tractors like these even though I was born in 1979. View attachment 12594

I have these in my collection as well as my many bikes, MK I Golf and Peugeot 205. Is there such a thing as collectors anonymous (like alcoholics anonymous) as I can't stop collecting things.
Nice tractors!
I need a collection like that.^_^

My first 'drive' was a Land Rover S11 109" camper, while sitting on Dad's lap. I could only wiggle the wheel a bit, as he drove it, as I couldn't reach the pedals. I was probably about 8 at the time.:smile:

tyred

Legendary Member
Nice tractors!
I need a collection like that.^_^

My first 'drive' was a Land Rover S11 109" camper, while sitting on Dad's lap. I could only wiggle the wheel a bit, as he drove it, as I couldn't reach the pedals. I was probably about 8 at the time.:smile:

It's funny but I've just realised I've been a passenger in a variety of Land Rovers (including a series 1 SWB) but I can't recall ever actually driving one.

Top Bottom