Non-pedal powered vehicles you drove

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I mainly drive these for a living :blush:
POD19-05-10.jpg

Brains

Legendary Member
The three biggest vehicles I've ever driven were;

Heather Nova's tour bus
(The drivers and crew got pissed on the last night of the tour, the band were asleep in the back, I was a guest that night and the only English person who could drive a right hand drive vehicle so I drove it 20 miles across Paris in the middle of the night, God knows how they all thought they got home that evening)

A 'mini-winnie' American RV.
It was 2 feet longer than a London double decker. I drove that for over 2,000 miles in New England

A Mercedes 4x4x4 truck, 22 seater.
Driven in Peru and Bolivia

gavgav

Guru
A large number of buses/coaches, including this particular one to Austria and back on a Ski-Tour. I only worked in the office and did a bit of driving when we were busy to help out and so I count that as a major achievement :smile:
exec.jpg

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
OK, if we're going for it...
Microlight, light aircraft, glider, 50-odd foot barges, a few yachts and a Honda C70.
On a track - Lotus Elise, Caterham 7 and a Ferrari 360.
One of the pro drivers took me for two fast laps in the Elise. I have rarely been so scared.

Night Train

Maker of Things
There's a point. I have driven a 65' canal boat and a 35' canal boat. I even managed a three point turn in the 65' one.
I have also driven a great many 7.5 ton trucks from Salford Van Hire.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Oh yes, I've driven boats also, things like canal boats and so on as well as having rowed many a boat in my time too.

And before I forget, I've driven a Warship.

......BR Western Region diesel hydraulic Warship Class, D832 Onslaught that is.

Headgardener

Armchair Cyclist
There's a point. I have driven a 65' canal boat and a 35' canal boat. I even managed a three point turn in the 65' one.
I have also driven a great many 7.5 ton trucks from Salford Van Hire.
Forgot about the 70' 12 berth narrow boat and the 10 berth broads cruiser.

tyred

Legendary Member
An 1958 MF 65 was the first thing I ever drove, aged about 5. Similar to the one in the photo (although I think that's a MK II, difficult to tell from that angle). Growing up on a farm has many advantages, I've drove all sorts. I've always loved the tractors of the 1960s - 1970s (I grew up with working with tractors like these even though I was born in 1979. mf65.jpg

I have these in my collection as well as my many bikes, MK I Golf and Peugeot 205. Is there such a thing as collectors anonymous (like alcoholics anonymous) as I can't stop collecting things.

Night Train

Maker of Things
An 1958 MF 65 was the first thing I ever drove, aged about 5. Similar to the one in the photo (although I think that's a MK II, difficult to tell from that angle). Growing up on a farm has many advantages, I've drove all sorts. I've always loved the tractors of the 1960s - 1970s (I grew up with working with tractors like these even though I was born in 1979. View attachment 12594

I have these in my collection as well as my many bikes, MK I Golf and Peugeot 205. Is there such a thing as collectors anonymous (like alcoholics anonymous) as I can't stop collecting things.
Nice tractors!
I need a collection like that.^_^

My first 'drive' was a Land Rover S11 109" camper, while sitting on Dad's lap. I could only wiggle the wheel a bit, as he drove it, as I couldn't reach the pedals. I was probably about 8 at the time.:smile:

tyred

Legendary Member
Nice tractors!
I need a collection like that.^_^

My first 'drive' was a Land Rover S11 109" camper, while sitting on Dad's lap. I could only wiggle the wheel a bit, as he drove it, as I couldn't reach the pedals. I was probably about 8 at the time.:smile:

It's funny but I've just realised I've been a passenger in a variety of Land Rovers (including a series 1 SWB) but I can't recall ever actually driving one.

Top Bottom