Not dressed up....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
My use of pyjamas is becoming almost Hefner-esque.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
...and nowhere to go....

it occurred to me as I opened my wardrobe that there is a whole swathe of regular clothing that has not seen the light of day for about 9 weeks!
Work shirts and Chinos, some quality casual shirts, decent jeans and Polo shirts, desert boots, cherry-red Docs, hand stiched penny loafers, a pair of Loakes and my Vans sneakers. All I’ve worn are old T-shirts, fleeces and sandals for 9 weeks!
Whilst I’m no Beau Brummel it is quite nice to shed the ‘man at Millets’ look once in a while.
I can’t think when these will ever see the light of day again....
Is the new form of 'subversive dressing up' going to be slipping on a collar and tie while 'the wife' is out.

Farm wear here, is usually fairly casual.
Although we have been known to all don frocks for fun, and photos.
It's nice to dress up now and then just because.

I still have to wear 'appropriate' clothing for teaching on Zoom though - in fact doing that, and seeing myself on screen :eek: inspired me to get a haircut from one of my lockdown chums.. .

No never!!!

Socks inside sandals is actually really practical outdoor work gear if it's very hot, and your not doing anything too dangerous.

Stops your toes getting so filthy, with soil and stuff :rolleyes:

But you're right, it's not nearly so stylish a look as socks n crocs :angel:

mustang1

Guru
I haven't worn shirts (they are all fitted) for some time as I've gained weight over the last year but can't wait to get back into them (there is a plan). I also wouldn't wear any clothes that need to be dry cleaned.

On the odd day I'll forget to get out of my lounge-wear and then make an effort to wear something remotely smart(ish). I'm certainly dressed better at home than I am at work (jeans and t-shirt jobbie).

12boy

Guru
Sox n Crocs really rocks. Sox n birkies aint so quirky. Not a diva with sox n Tevas. It is getting time soon to tan the pallid toes. In the winter I favor black t-shirts and cargo pocket type britches and in the summer Hawaiian shirts or wife beaters. I think your vests are what we call wife beaters....ribbed undershirts with straps instead of shoulders and sleeves, favored by large, well nourished dudes sitting around on tenement steps on humid hot August nights. With Crocs...My everyday ones in green or my dress black ones.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Sox n Crocs really rocks. Sox n birkies aint so quirky. Not a diva with sox n Tevas. It is getting time soon to tan the pallid toes. In the winter I favor black t-shirts and cargo pocket type britches and in the summer Hawaiian shirts or wife beaters. I think your vests are what we call wife beaters....ribbed undershirts with straps instead of shoulders and sleeves, favored by large, well nourished dudes sitting around on tenement steps on humid hot August nights. With Crocs...My everyday ones in green or my dress black ones.

Pink crocs with a built in fluffy liners, dungarees, and a comfy cardi, for chillier evenings seems to be de rigeur leisure wear amongst the farm women atm.

"Wife beater" usually refers to that very specific type of vest, that looks like a T shirt, sans sleeve.

Think Bruce Springsteen circa the 90's

If the shoulder straps are narrower, then it reverts back to being a vest.

Or possibly a 'singlet' in some circs :okay:

Julia9054

Guru
I am embracing lounge wear - I style I haven't ventured into before.
My youngest has bought himself a flowery silky dressing gown and is teaming it with a beanie he has stolen from me to hide the fact that his hair is growing out unevenly

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I am embracing lounge wear - I style I haven't ventured into before.
My youngest has bought himself a flowery silky dressing gown and is teaming it with a beanie he has stolen from me to hide the fact that his hair is growing out unevenly

What I love about all this, is that everyone else is joining in with the 'dragged through a hedge backwards - after having suffered an explosion in a jumble sale' look. :rolleyes:

I knew that if I kept my 'grooming' standards low enough, for long enough, then the look would catch on :okay:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I don't either, I'm typing this in my dressing gown.

Gah, What a bunch of sloths .. :rolleyes:

Although curiously when I walked into the barn this morning , someone remarked upon how 'smart' I was looking.

That's what having a bath, and putting on a clean shirt does for you..

-won't be clean for long tho :blush:

Top Bottom