nothing to see here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sidevalve

Über Member
Don't worry about it - ALL your web activity is "monitored" to some degree [and yes that does include E mails]. I just run a cookie washer on a daily basis as a regular thing anyway

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Evans do the same.
If I go to their website, I get an email a few hours later, as follows,
"Can we tempt you back?
We noticed that you didn't complete your shopping and just wanted to get in touch to see if we can help. Perhaps you ran out of time, found a lower price elsewhere, or you just need some assistance
?"

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
There is nothing new there - all websites do it. They all put cookies on your machine so you get targeted advertising. Just clear them out once in a while.

Kookas

Über Member
Not unless they start paying me to test their software for them

Looks like you will just have to deal with their spam, then. Software developers are not omniscient, and in-house testing will never be enough to eradicate every single bug.

By the way, do you make your hats out of tin foil, or aluminium?

Last edited:

Lanzecki

Über Member
Creepy? Welcome to the internet. It's know's more about your buying habits then you do.

Shaun

Founder
Credit card companies were tracking and sharing buying info even before t'internet ;) - and those loyalty / points cards ... all designed to help them track your habits and tailor their offerings (and increase sales).

You could always try using an anonymous proxy service, but the free ones don't allow login cookies so you won't be able to stay logged in at most of the social sites you visit. :thumbsup:

KneesUp

Guru
You can also block cookies from specific sites (in Firefox, at least - not sure about other browsers)

I'd imagine this would allow you to read The Telegraph without paying, although I haven't tried it.

Top Bottom