Odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Indeed, WW1 only started because Archduke Franz Ferdinand had announced that he was to lobby parliament to ban all factoids, and a young Winston Churchill shot him.

Contrary to popular belief, the Archduke was not assassinated, but was severely wounded and placed into a medically induced coma which he remained in until the early 2000s when medical advances allowed him to be awoken. He then went on to enjoy considerable chart success with his band.

classic33

Leg End Member
There were 2 silent films showing in Sarajevo the weekend Franz Ferdinand and Sophie visited. The titles of both films eerily anticipated events to come. The Imperial Kino was showing “The World Without Men”, while the Apollo Kino was showing “The Shot at Midnight”.

....governments agreed that every factoid should at the very least sound ever so slightly plausible.
Within just 12 months a Roman called Crapicus Factimus was found guilty of breaking that rule and was punished by being hung, drawn and quartered......

Did Crapicus Factimis' factoid appear more than slightly plausible? If so, he got what he deserved, a disgusting school boy error

Drago

Legendary Member
Ancient Rome was originally in Wales. It was relocated after Calligula started to develop a sexual attraction to sheep.

classic33

Leg End Member
Vehicle registration plates in the Republic of Ireland are such that the first two digits represent the year of registration of the vehicle (i.e., 11 is a 2011 registered car, 12 is 2012, and so on). In 2012, there were concerns among members of the Society of the Irish Motor Industry (SIMI) that the prospect of having "13" registered vehicles might discourage motorists from buying new cars because of superstition surrounding the number thirteen. To get around this the government, in consultation with SIMI, introduced a system whereby 2013 registered vehicles would have their registration plates' age identifier string modified to read "131" for vehicles registered in the first six months of 2013 and "132" for those registered in the latter six months of the year.

classic33

Leg End Member
Stephen King suffered with Triskaidekaphobia.

After quartering their remains should be scattered to the four corners to confuse future Plate Tectonic students
Those folk who are not aware of their factoids would assume we don't have four corners in mainland Britain.

Where as us factoid folk know mainland Britain is actually an accurate oblong. It's the curvature of the earth and the gravitation pull that gives the borders the appearance of being a wobbly line.

colly

Re member eR
The Earth is not flat. It is not as depicted in science books and media though..........OH no. It is of course a sphere, but, and it's big BUT............. we are in fact
on the inside.
If we could only see through the projection that we think of as 'the sky' we would be able to see all other lands laid out just as we know them, but we would be looking 'down' on them. We would also be able the see the mechanism that provides for the 'sun' and the day and night shutters that give the impression of passing days.

'They' have us all fooled

I can prove all this, I just need to raise funds to enable me to do it. I calculate it will take around £10 million to uncover the international conspiracy by the
Catho-Jewish-commo-fascist masonic Illuminati Christio-Islamist Austro-Hungarian Gypsy secret organisation.

Cash only.

classic33

Leg End Member
The Earth is not flat. It is not as depicted in science books and media though..........OH no. It is of course a sphere, but, and it's big BUT............. we are in fact
on the inside.
If we could only see through the projection that we think of as 'the sky' we would be able to see all other lands laid out just as we know them, but we would be looking 'down' on them. We would also be able the see the mechanism that provides for the 'sun' and the day and night shutters that give the impression of passing days.

I can prove all this, I just need to raise funds to enable me to do it. I calculate it will take around £10 million to uncover the international conspiracy by the
Catho-Jewish-commo-fascist masonic Illuminati Christio-Islamist Austro-Hungarian Gypsy secret organisation.

Cash only.
You take Nine Bob notes?

classic33

Leg End Member
on the inside.

Cash only.
You'll be for the High Jump on this one.

on the inside.

Cash only.

I never knew that

Dave7

Legendary Member
Its a little known fact that at the battle of Lttle Bighorn the indian forces were made up of Chief Sitting Bull and just 3 braves.
They made so much noise awhoopin and ahollerin (with injun whoops n hollers) that General Custer and his men were petrified and dropped thier weapons.
Sitting Bull and the 3 braves then picked them off one by one with sharp arrows.
The soldiers that survived colluded and made up the story about being outnumbered so they wouldnt look so bad.
The last surviving soldier lived till he was 143 years old and on his death bed confessed the lie to his great great great grandaughter.

Top Bottom