Odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Terry toweling nappies were invented 3 days after Adam and Eve had their first child. At first they used the trusty fig leaf but Eve quickly told Adam "I am fed up being up to my elbows in sh*t.....you can change the next one. So being a man he immediately invented Terry nappies.
And before anyone queries this fact, they were originally called Cain & Abel nappies but then the third child, Terry was born.

Terry went on to invent the chocolate orange and shortly thereafter was diagnosed with diabetes.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Have you a Rose Alley nearby, or live near/on Lily Lane?

Your first thought may be that it's named after a person. Second thought, after the flower maybe.

You'd be wrong on both. "Plucking a rose" & "Guilding a lilly" are both euphenisms for having a pee. So both would be popular spots for relieving the bladder.

Not so sweet smelling after all.
That is a slight misquote. Shakespear said/wrote it first. He wrote something to the effect of.....
"The beautiful lilly needeth no guilding but taketh no note of a certain Classic33 as he doeth indeed taketh the pith"

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Terry toweling nappies were invented 3 days after Adam and Eve had their first child. At first they used the trusty fig leaf but Eve quickly told Adam "I am fed up being up to my elbows in sh*t.....you can change the next one. So being a man he immediately invented Terry nappies.
And before anyone queries this fact, they were originally called Cain & Abel nappies but then the third child, Terry was born.

Terry went on to invent the chocolate orange and shortly thereafter was diagnosed with diabetes.

Terry Towelling was originally planned as the name of the lead character in popular ITV show "Minder".
However the name was changed to Terry McCann shortly before filming started to increase the appeal of the show to Scottish viewers.

classic33

Leg End Member
That is a slight misquote. Shakespear said/wrote it first. He wrote something to the effect of.....
"The beautiful lilly needeth no guilding but taketh no note of a certain Classic33 as he doeth indeed taketh the pith"
Oh ay, no mention of Rose Alley I notice!
CAM01182-1.jpg

Last edited:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Oh ay, no mention of Rose Alley I notice!
View attachment 452160
Australian edition?

Top Bottom