Odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
The uk moved to the metric system five decades ago

That's milli meters, meters and miles
I'm still using Imperial measures. Money aside.

classic33

Leg End Member
Normally, a person burns about 0.42 calories for every pound each hour of sleep. For instance, a 150 lb. person burns about 63 calories in one hour, whilst sleeping.

Meaning that, in terms of energy used, it comes in just above the energy used in swimming for an hour. But 25% more than playing golf(walking and carrying your clubs) for an hour.

Give you something to sleep on.

I read an article yesterday claiming that the more attractive a man is to a woman,* the smaller his testicles are! How the hell does that work?

* And apparently any male primate to a female primate, presumably of the same species.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I read an article yesterday claiming that the more attractive a man is to a woman,* the smaller his testicles are! How the hell does that work?

* And apparently any male primate to a female primate, presumably of the same species.

Hmm, I read an article that said testes size in Northern European males was shrinking by 20% per generation since the Industrial Revolution. Must be getting more attractive.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
The Thymus which produces immune T cells shrinks from your 20s. Many diseases are down to reduced immune function not aging. Regular lifelong exercise can preserve the Thymus at its size from when you were in your 20s.

classic33

Leg End Member
May Day Tradition
Beltane

This festival is confined to Ireland, Scotland, and the Isle of Man. The actual name of Beltane is Gaelic May Day. In this countries, it marks the beginning of summer and the time when cattle are to be driven out to the summer pastures. Beltane is known for bonfires, and it is believed that the smoke and fire has a special power to protect cattle and the crop.

Top Bottom