Odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
The bandname Led Zeppelin sounds like a riff on buoyancy, or lack thereof. The reality is stranger.

BITD Robert Plant was an enthusiastic environmentalist and took great umbrage at the waste of power in floodlighting a WW2 exhibition that featured a Zeppelin.

Before fronting the band, he fronted a campaign to replace the wasteful incandescent bulbs with the new, just then emerging LED technology, hence "LED Zeppelin".

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The bandname Led Zeppelin sounds like a riff on buoyancy, or lack thereof. The reality is stranger.

BITD Robert Plant was an enthusiastic environmentalist and took great umbrage at the waste of power in floodlighting a WW2 exhibition that featured a Zeppelin.

Before fronting the band, he fronted a campaign to replace the wasteful incandescent bulbs with the new, just then emerging LED technology, hence "LED Zeppelin".
The Grand Daughter attempted to sue the band for using the family name,

The name of the British rock group Led Zeppelin derives from his airship as well. His granddaughter Countess Eva von Zeppelin once threatened to sue them for illegal use of their family name while they were performing in Copenhagen.[36]

Drago

Legendary Member
Led Zeppelin were auch an enormous influence on Count Von Airshipfritz that he changed his name to Zeppelin in the bands honour. Indeed, the Himdenberg wasmgoing to be called the SS Whole lotta Love before Hitler, a great fan of The Who, overruled it.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
The tardis was designed to be operated by a team of time lords. After the doctor pissed the rest of them off, there was a bit of an argument, and the others got stranded on Earth in 1066 and formed the band The Normans eventually renaming it The Who in the late 17th century.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Ah, I get it now. I posted my really true factoid on the wrong thread! :laugh:
Your type have no place here. Here we deal in alternative truths :tongue:

Truth was invented by Leonardo de Caprio. Before that, people just made shoot up.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Ah, I get it now. I posted my really true factoid on the wrong thread! :laugh:

The phrase "factoid" comes from research done at Imperial College Ulan Bator (iCUB). They demonstrated through MRI scans of Nobel Prize winners brains that factoids are processed in small, blood filled itchy sacs at the organ's edge closely resembling haemorrhoids.

They also demonstrated that all factoids are, in fact facts.

Hence they named them "factoids"

This, like all factoids, is a true fact.

Top Bottom