Odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
Doctor Who wrote the lyrics for him and his backing band the Medics, hoping for a hit with “Surgical Spirit in the Sky”

The medics, however, thought it was utter crap, ditched “Who”, got a different Doctor and the rest is history.

Doctor Who, meanwhile, continues going back in time to attempt to fix the charts but to date has always been thwarted by his nemesis, Funk “The Master” Flex.

Brains

Legendary Member
Doctor Who wrote the lyrics for him and his backing band the Medics, hoping for a hit with “Surgical Spirit in the Sky”

The medics, however, thought it was utter crap, ditched “Who”, got a different Doctor and the rest is history.

Doctor Who, meanwhile, continues going back in time to attempt to fix the charts but to date has always been thwarted by his nemesis, Funk “The Master” Flex.

I've known the Dr since I was in my teens, toured with the band from 1983 to 1990, (Accountant, Driver, Roadie, Merchandise), saw the 'Dr will see you now' two man show last Thursday!
Apparently we all had a good time but I was feeling very rough the next day.

The days of driving 400 miles to a gig, working until 2am and then going to the afterparty before doing it all again, for weeks at a time, are obviously long gone .....

The Tardis based intergalactic tour we can't talk about as, 'what happens on tour stays on tour' and no one would believe it anyway

roubaixtuesday

The royal family is so posh even their ailments are snooty - the reason King Charles is never seen seated is because he suffers from snobby piles.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Winter was invented to keep the peasants inside and off the roads so the rich can park their Range Rovers in ditches whilst they go to the pub.

roubaixtuesday

"General Winter" is often used as an allusion to the impact of cold weather on army logistics and clothing. As in "General Winter will come to our aid" from a besieged Russian army.

But actually, "General Winter" (Walter) was a 6'8", 25 stone fearsome bearded warrior who could take out an entire enemy battalion with his bare hands. He also had a son, Wilbur, and they're often referred to as WWI and WWII in martial books and reporting.

roubaixtuesday

A rare breed of albatross, found only in the South Pacific, evolved to lay chocolate eggs.

The only island they nested on was named Easter Island not because of the day it was discovered (as is commonly supposed), but because of the chocolate eggs the gleeful sailors collected from the nests.

The captain of the ship, one James Cadbury, took a captured pair of birds home, and a colony is kept in great secrecy in a warehouse the Birmingham suburb of Bournville, for the annual harvest of creme eggs.

It is a little known fact that if incubated at precisely 32.5 degrees for forty two days, a creme egg will hatch into an albatross.

Top Bottom