Odd factoids

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

A genuine factoid that makes me happy is that Lego is the Worlds largest tyre manufacturer.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
There are 23 hours and 56 minutes in one day and not the rounded up 24 hours as we take for granted. Subsequently, one year is made up of 365.25 days which is why we have a leap year every four years.

This is true.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
There are 23 hours and 56 minutes in one day and not the rounded up 24 hours as we take for granted. Subsequently, one year is made up of 365.25 days which is why we have a leap year every four years.

This is true.
I almost believed that, until i thought about it. But i have had a few beers.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
The North Sea has plug. Its location is a closely guarded secret.
Don't tell @Accy cyclist for christ sake, but he will only leave it on.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable

This is true.

I almost believed that, until i thought about it. But i have had a few beers.

It is true, from a certain point of view.

What’s known as a "sidereal" day is about 23 hours, 56 minutes, 4 seconds. But this is not a day in the everyday sense.

A sidereal day is how long it takes the earth (on average) to make one rotation relative to the faraway stars and other galaxies in the sky.

An odd yet true factoid. A first in this thread? :laugh:

Drago

Legendary Member
Famous bi-centenarian Corrie character, Ken Barlow, has had naughty relations with 25 women during the soap's history.

The 194 year old actor that plays the part of Barlow, William Roache, claims to have got biological with over a thousand women.

Top Bottom