Oh. My. God! Who's to blame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ferret fur

Apart from the fact that the idea of virtual lane changing is complete tosh .. the bus does indeed go straight ahead. Look at the metal studs in the road. The bus follows a straight line past them. He starts off six studs from the left and the body of his vehicle never goes over them. The idea that he moves slightly right comes from the camera perspective. Even if he had moved slightly right it is still 100% the tragic hipster's fault. There really are some idiots about . The internet is a depressing place at times.

betty swollocks

large member
Anyone see it coming and can't watch?
What a tit.

nich

Eeek! Horrible. What a twit of a cyclist, he was probably buzzing on adrenaline and just went for it. 100% his fault.

He doesn't even shoulder check when he moves out from the bus-lane. Lucky he didn't get splatted by a motorcycle or fellow cyclist filtering before he did this stupid move.

joebingo

Über Member
The bus was both undertaking the taxi and cyclist who collided and trying to overtake other cyclists.

What? The cyclist who collided was overtaking a bus who was overtaking a cyclist, if that was even the case, which it wasn't. You can't overtake someone on the inside if they're behind you, sheesh.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Apart from the fact that the idea of virtual lane changing is complete tosh .. the bus does indeed go straight ahead. Look at the metal studs in the road. The bus follows a straight line past them. He starts off six studs from the left and the body of his vehicle never goes over them. The idea that he moves slightly right comes from the camera perspective. Even if he had moved slightly right it is still 100% the tragic hipster's fault.

Also before the collision the rear of the bus can be seen moving parallel to, and within, the lane markings which end at the stop line.

The pick up is correctly positioned for turning right. It couldn't have got much further to the right without hitting the kerb of the traffic island.
I can't see how anyone can blame anyone other than the cyclist.

I wonder how big the flat spot is on his back tyre.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I've freeze framed the vid...... 100% toss pot on the bike. Going for a gap that did not exist - road in front of bus is clear - so drive.... expect due care and attention of other road users... :wacko: not even James Bond could have slid his Aston in that gap..... :tongue: or even Danny McAskill ?

I too felt for the lady on the crossing..... oh my.... :ohmy:.. not nice. :blush:

Regardless of how anyone puts percentages of blame...

That cyclist was one prize numpty

I hope he is okay, I'm not wishing harm, but here am I getting annoyed because I can't ride my bike thanks to someone pulling across in front of me in an unavoidable (for me) collision, whilst laddo probably just needs a new wheel and he can go on his merry (and hopefully more careful) way again

Shaun

Founder
:huh: :unsure: :blink: :ohmy: :eek: :excl: ... phew!!!

He was on a roll. Simple as that really. He didn't want to check his pace and very nearly paid with his life.

I was both surprised and relieved to see him walk away from it, and he'll likely have had more than a bent wheel to contend with (it usually hurts like hell later in the day or the next day!!) as I'm sure I saw his back wheel in the air at one point (so him and his bike must have been in an odd position for a little while there).

Hopefully his only major injury is to his pride (which is getting off lightly when you try to take a bus on and lose!).

Impatient commuter on two wheels this time, instead of four.

Glad he's okay though. Lucky beggar!! :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'm glad the hipster survived and I hope he has learned a valuable lesson. He was stupid. Never mind that.

What really made his riding unforgiveable is that there could have been two drivers, bus and pick-up, who spent the rest of their lives wondering if they had a hand in an idiot being killed. He was being shamefully selfish.

mumbo jumbo

I can't be reading 7 pages of this thread just now but, in answer to the OP, cyclist is 100% at fault here. Looks to me like he was trying to emulate that courier racing vid. Complete utter plonker.

mj

asterix

Comrade Member
WRT the bus driver, you can't expect such drivers to be looking in the mirror at the exact time a cyclist going that fast might appear. The alleged cyclist in this case probably thought he was very clever and if that happens a lot in London then we know why cyclists are being given a bad name.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
again, 8 pages TLDR. BUT in response to OP 100% cyclists fault, he's just managed to avoid becoming a statistic.
then what got me mind was the other cyclist who went through that gap too. clearly there are more morons out there then first thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom