Oh no I have flu !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had to come home from work yesterday was so unwell with it.

Can't understand it - I haven't flu in years and haven't taken a sick day in around 12 years

Even when I got covid it was a 48 HR thing ?

Why would I suddenly get sick now ? Is this because I'm getting old ? 59

Even had the flu jab.

Gutted!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's running round like wild fire, add covid and a shoot loads of nasty colds.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
yep... :whistle:
rest up & make plans for retirement ;)

How do you actually know it's flu as there's no test (or do you mean man flu rather than influenza)? Probably worth doing a Covid test tho :okay:

Yeah done 3 covid tests - one before I went to work yesterday - thinking I would shake it off.

Aches & pains, can't get warm, painful cough - no runny nose though.

All I want to do is sleep.

(And fish for sympathy on CC !)

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Had to come home from work yesterday was so unwell with it.

Can't understand it - I haven't flu in years and haven't taken a sick day in around 12 years

Even when I got covid it was a 48 HR thing ?

Why would I suddenly get sick now ? Is this because I'm getting old ? 59

Even had the flu jab.

Gutted!

Now, come on, be honest, is it flu, or, is it man-flu? ;)

vickster

Legendary Member
Yeah done 3 covid tests - one before I went to work yesterday - thinking I would shake it off.

At least you've got it out the way before Christmas hopefully (and won't have to go back to work beforehand :okay:)

Plenty of warm fluids and analgesia :okay:

gavroche

Getting old but not past it

Our son had it, it lasted the best part of 2 weeks. He did several Covid tests but they were all negatives. He is 52 by the way.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Been bad since saturday , last night i couldnt get warm then spent most of the night sweating so i think i had a temperature and my sinuses were streaming most of the night .
I have still been cycling to work as i have felt ok from the neck down although i havent been setting any records , much as i would like to have a day off we are so short manned with another covid variant that its all hands to pumps .

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Been bad since saturday , last night i couldnt get warm then spent most of the night sweating so i think i had a temperature and my sinuses were streaming most of the night .
I have still been cycling to work as i have felt ok from the neck down although i havent been setting any records , much as i would like to have a day off we are so short manned with another covid variant that its all hands to pumps .

Anything below the neck, stop cycling ! Aches and pains stop.

gavgav

Guru
My brother has it, says he’s worse than when he had Covid twice. There is so much about at the moment, of literally everything out there you can catch.

gbb

Legendary Member
Flu is a funny one, I don't think advanced age makes you more or less likely to get it.
At 64, I think I've had flu maybe 3 or 4 times in my life, and I've not had it in maybe 10 years. You always know when you actually do have it though, no doubt about that.

I was always of the opinion, if someone at work for instance tells you they have the flu...they don't. Flu will floor you, you won't even get out of bed (that's always been my experience anyway)

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Flu is a funny one, I don't think advanced age makes you more or less likely to get it.
At 64, I think I've had flu maybe 3 or 4 times in my life, and I've not had it in maybe 10 years. You always know when you actually do have it though, no doubt about that.

I was always of the opinion, if someone at work for instance tells you they have the flu...they don't. Flu will floor you, you won't even get out of bed (that's always been my experience anyway)

^ this, I've had flu twice, both times the same. Aching joints, in bed for 3 days and shivering and sweating at the same time.

Horrible.

Top Bottom