Oh no I have flu !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
I agree - like most illnesses the severity varies. I also remember pre covid there was some research that common cold could make your more ill than they first thought.

I'm sure in some cases it can, your general health at that particular time, the particular strain of virus, your bodies immunity to that particular strain, its complex. It would be naiive to assume 'oh its just a cold, it can't hurt you too much' In all liklihood it won't and doesnt, but the wrong mix of circumstances can give it a quite different outcome

Alex321

Veteran
I had mine on 1 October, GP surgery ran a big drive, queued up with all the other oldies (first free one for me this year)!
Similar here, though later in October (22nd).

Even though there was a fairly large queue, they were processing us very efficiently, and it was only about 15 minutes from arriving at the surgery to leaving having both been jabbed.

vickster

Legendary Member
Wasn’t even there that long, I arrived a few minutes early, think I was out before my allotted time. Took longer locking and unlocking the bike!

Milzy

Guru
Just finished with that and loads at work got it. The mrs was getting over it and it came back. That’s because of a been run down life style. I was taking ZMA and vit c, I’m sure this helped get clear of it.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Some moron came into work 3 weeks ago with it and two more of us caught it. Not nice, but I wasn't actually bedridden - more sofa-ridden. Awful temperature, loss of appetite and aches. A fortnight later and I still have the cough and a bit of fatigue.

I had the vaccine at the start of October but it obviously wasn't effective this year.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I had the vaccine at the start of October but it obviously wasn't effective this year.
They don't necessarily stop you getting ill, but will reduce the severity of any illness that you do develop. You would probably have had it much worse if unvaccinated.

mustang1

Legendary Member
Had to come home from work yesterday was so unwell with it.

Can't understand it - I haven't flu in years and haven't taken a sick day in around 12 years

Even when I got covid it was a 48 HR thing ?

Why would I suddenly get sick now ? Is this because I'm getting old ? 59

Even had the flu jab.

Gutted!

AHA!!!! So YOU'RE the "one of those people" that someone knows who got a flu jab and still got the flu. Consider yourself a unicorn, probably just a spot of bad luck I'd say.

Top Bottom