Oh no I have flu !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albal

Guru
Forced to abort festive 500 this morning, feeling like cr@p. gutted, not the first time i,ve abandoned it midway through also.
Went out on my birthday boxing day, (6th year alone. Single . It's crap I tell you.)

maybe caught it then? Cold ? Probably. Flu? Doubtful. Don't have many COVID test kits . Just have to let it run its course.

The only positive, living alone can't pass it on.

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
GP tested the green lumps I was coughing up - and the results came back as an infection. GP phoned me yesterday to say he had sent me antibiotics.

Issue no is I have stopped coughing up mucus - not sure if take course of antibiotics?

Adam4868

Guru
Had it for three or four days now and it's really pollaxed me ! Worse bout of flu I remember having.Me and the daughter have it and luckily my partner and son seem ok so far.Even the cat sitting on me hurts my joints !

tyred

Legendary Member
Mine was really bad the week before Christmas. The cough and the aches and pains are gone now thankfully but still feeling slightly lethargic.

Psamathe

I don't know if flu is worse that how I suffered from avoiding flu. Had a flu vaccination and I never react to vaccines, maybe trivial bruising that evening (but don't normally notice it) and every vaccination is in, push, out and done in seconds. Flu vaccination this year and needle was in for ages. That night very painful (disrupted sleep). No external signs of bruising, no inflammation. Next day couldn't lift my arm above horizontal (and even horizontal was painful), can't move arm across front of body - pain. 2 weeks later and several times moving arm and "bang" - agony along arm across shoulder up neck and bad numbness thumb and forefinger and it all lasts 12 hrs before fading back to unable to lift arm above horizontal and perpetual mild pain. Then a day or 2 later moving arm and "bang" agony again ...

Had vaccination in walk-in in pharmacy.

Saw NHS physio yesterday who is e-mailing exercises and said not to move arm to any positioon where pain is worse. Something about start of "capsule" forming.

Wondering if I'd have been better off risking catching flu (never caught it before but limited movement in arm and ongoing pain is horrible. And it's not improving. It's not turned me into a vaccine avoider and I seem to end-up with more vaccinations than many people (as I travel to remote parts of the world) but I think I might avoid pharmacy injections in future.

Ian

Top Bottom