On owning a Caravan, CC'ers experience?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

keithmac

Guru
I read a month back about an unfortunate couple who had a head on smash (no fault of their own, car entered their lane coming the other way!).

That would be classed as a caravan accident but in reality it had nothing to do with towing a caravan..

Tim Hall

Is it just me, or are caravanistas a tad defensive?
Some, not all.

screenman

Legendary Member
Good line on Crocs I have just found,

One thought about the use of petroleum for these shoes...it seems to me you get much more 'mileage' out of the amount of petroleum used in these shoes than you would if it were in your tank.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Probably not until June. Fabbers is currently flying around the world saving the food coatings of the world. Then we go on holiday to Italy. So the earliest we can collect is the first week of June.
:sad:

However I am :hyper:

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
So @Fab Foodie - how has the caravanning experience been?
That's a very good and timely question!

We're in the process of trading her for a Motorhome :-/
We've had a great time in Mavis, fine for short trips/weekends but even with the Mighty Dacia she's hard work over long distances and you are a bit speed restricted. Space-wise she's been good, comfortable, warm, easy to set-up and move-on. @Hill Wimp never got to tow it though.

We recently traveled by car to the Outer Hebrides, a fave destination. We are going again in May for 2 weeks and been considering taking Mavis to save costs, however that's a really-long tow. On our last trip there were ferry issues and other travel delays which with a Caravan would have been a nightmare.
So, in the interest of extra flexibility, speed, Wimpers hopefully also driving we're going the Motorhome route. Simpler over-night stopping, faster lower stress motoring, Wimps can get it prepared for weekends without needing my car to move it (if I'm coming back from business I can meet her somewhere straight from the airport or Ferry). It has more space, sleeps 4, has bike racks, more internal storage and we don't need a bigger car. I just think we'll get more usage, especially at weekends for odd nights away. Wimps retires in Nov and then we can really start to use and abuse it.
It's an expensive risk, but we're willing to take it!
Time will tell :-)

Top Bottom