Paper Helmet ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salar

A fish out of water
There's a Christmas version coming out soon.

hat.jpg

"
The design was tested at Imperial College in London.

"They have a test rig for helmets and the professor in charge of the lab let me test out a lot of materials. It turns out it was a lot of fun. There is a frame with an anvil on the bottom and an accelerometer to measure speed and impact," explained Ms Shiffer."

Sounds like the sort of testing they do to certify helmets.

U

User33236

Next he will be designing an ejector seat for helicopters .
Some helicopters, such as the Kamova KA-50, already have ejector seats. Before the rocket in the seat fires the rotor blades are blown away by explosive charges in the rotor disc and the canopy is jettisoned.

Is it fire proof? Could my huge cigar catch it alight?

View attachment 151476
I formally request that our resident PhotoShop expert inserts an iPhone in his right hand. In B&W of course.

broadway

Veteran
"The EcoHelmet features a radial honeycomb pattern that absorbs a hard blow and spreads impact evenly around the head. The paper is coated with a corn-based biodegradable wax that makes it waterproof -- the same kind that coats disposable coffee cups. The helmet can also potentially be made from plastic."

"To ensure safety, Shiffer tested it by using a crash testing rig. "We dropped 10 pounds of weight from three feet and it withstood the impact," she said."

""We're now doing more rigorous testing to get it certified to that standard for use in the U.S.," she added."

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/08/technology/ecohelmet-bike-helmet-foldable/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom