Pedestrian called 999 to report me cycling on a cycle path...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Try Rule 243 https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/waiting-and-parking-238-to-252

Once had an officer try to get me to move a broken down car that at the time was insured, MOT'D & valid VED because it was parked down the side of his mates house & where said mate normally parked. When he knocked on the door I picked up the 66 foot tape measure & had him come out & measure it with me, it was purposely 35 feet from the junction. He wasn't a happy bunny, we moved it 3 days later though no point in making enemies with people like that. He got sacked a few years later for having sex with his mistress in the back of a Police car.

That's been decriminalised too, enforcement powers devolved to the LA's.

I'd have demanded to see your tape's calibration certificate ;)

D

Deleted member 26715

I'd have demanded to see your tape's calibration certificate ;)
3 feet in 35 feet would have had to have been way way out lol. This was back on the 80's did they suffer all that PC crap then?

midlife

Guru
There's a road in Trowbridge by a car dealership where cars park on double yellow lines right on a junction EVERY day. On two or three occasions I've seen police cars drive right by as if it's all hunky dory. This is the Street View photo, but there's usually another car or two in front of the blue one.

View attachment 426620

Double yellow lines seem to disappear and are not finished properly? Does that make them unenforceable. ?

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I'd assume his shadow merges with that of the lady, and the white van.

Top Bottom