People who say "No problem!"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I am one of the older people. Have been saying it all my life. Its no problem for me to do stuff you can't do. And i do not have a problem if someone who can do something i can't. So no probs here at all.:wacko:

Last edited:
I prefer the informal and friendly 'No worries.'
That is absolutely fine. :thumbsup:

If you are Australian.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Our reasoning was that. “ can I help ?” invited the reply “ no thank you “ from the waverers. We just tried gently to have a conversation with them which often resulted in a sale we would not otherwise have got.
I had a 6 month spell as a salesman in a Volvo dealership. Hated the job but the training was very good.
First thing I was taught.......never ask a closed questiom eg "can I help you". It should always be "how can I help you".

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Certainty inflation. I’m 120% sure it used to be 101%.

Ah, you are at the summit of Mt Stupid and soon to plummet into the Valley of Despair.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Ummm...why would anyone?!
Mr Carlfandango
A friend of a friend (he plays lead guitar in Dan's band) is called Carl, he went through the Carlosfandango nickname but is currently known as 'Fanny'.:laugh:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Does anybody else find this expression irritating? It's very popular with younger folk and it irritates me because I think it's a tiny bit insulting. What it says to me is: "It might have been a problem but actually I managed to get it done for you anyway."

What's wrong with "My pleasure" or "You're welcome"?

Or should I just open another bottle and chill?

Hopefully, you opened another bottle. :smile:

I think it's a nice friendly phrase that everyone understands the meaning of without necessarily being able to explain the syntax.

D

Deleted member 26715

I have no problem with people who say no problem, in fact I don't think it's a problem at all, so no problem here from me.

SpokeyDokey

But without 'older folk' getting all lathered up at these craven neoligisms the 'younger folk' would have nothing to annoy them with right ??

Or as my dad used to say when we were younger - "We've got to give you something to kick against"

But being an absent-minded professorial type, he would then wander off, having forgotten to supply the goods required for rebellion.

Just out of interest, when is the current age range for younger / older??

I fear I may have drifted across this Rubicon, with rather too little fanfare :sad:

I think the rubicon is Me! I have recently decided that up to and including Me is young and every other bugger post-Me is old. So, I guess you haven't really crossed the rubicon yet. ^_^

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I think the rubicon is Me! I have recently decided that up to and including Me is young and every other bugger post-Me is old. So, I guess you haven't really crossed the rubicon yet. ^_^

Well, i don't think I've caught you up years-wise yet @SpokeyDokey so if you could keep surging ahead - forging the path of eternal youth - so to speak - then i can stay young forever too.:okay:

Much appreciated :rolleyes:

SpokeyDokey

Ahem..

It's 'madam' to you,
we'll have less of such familiarity.

Standards dear boy, standards. :rolleyes:

If I get annoyed with being overly 'Loved' by unreconstructed guys I might sometimes return with 'Petal'
'Sweet-cheeks'
or a 'Darling' or two of my own.

Either in my best Celia Johnson, or channelling Sid James..

Depending on mood. :okay:

Once we're north of the Pennines however they can love and pet me all they like, as I can do it right back. ^_^

Presumably that is not intended as a regular verb otherwise I might be right on over Pet, Love, mudsticks. ^_^

Top Bottom