Phrases I`m getting increasingly sick of hearing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
I try and keep these things alive by loudly exclaiming things like "Twenty bob! For a packet of crisps?" at every opportunity ^_^

ETA - I also promised my grandson a shiny shilling if he could find my glasses for me. Hopefully the heartfelt disappointment will teach him a valuable life lesson.

i regularly declaim "Gadzooks, and much Balderdash" to the chickens.

They seem to like it..

Whose got the keys though? BTW I do know whose on qst base

Pretty sure Micheal still has them, but then he might have dropped them off with of with Archie by now :rolleyes:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Surely you mean the M4 if you're talking westward motion??

The M5 is almost exclusively North /South in its orientation.. :hello:

Reactions: C R

Globalti

Legendary Member
Another one that annoys me is cabin crew and train guards who announce: "We will shortly be arriving into (place)."

The other is officials, mostly Police officers, who re-tell events in (I think) the present perfect tense instead of the perfect tense: "The driver has gone round the corner and has crashed" rather than "went round the corner and crashed".

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Another one that annoys me is cabin crew and train guards who announce: "We will shortly be arriving into (place)."

The other is officials, mostly Police officers, who re-tell events in (I think) the present perfect tense instead of the perfect tense: "The driver has gone round the corner and has crashed" rather than "went round the corner and crashed".

I like

"Please make sure you have all your personal belongings, before leaving the train"

Well ta very much love, I didna think of that as an idea, previously..

Smudge

Veteran
I'm a Bristolian gone South..

It gets proper luvverly down yer.. :rolleyes:

Gone south myself, but only about 40 miles.
Bristol is a great city, but i'm getting too old for city life now. Too hilly there for me as well.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Sick of hearing 'train station', and 'train' when referring to the locomotive. I'm also tired of hearing that motorways, or other roads are 'coping well'.

Top Bottom