Pinarello Dogma F12 vs. Lapierre Aircode SL700 Ultimate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
PS re discs i think they look better when you have deeper section rims ie 35mm and upwards. Also for the long descents we have here (i can easily descend at ave 60kmh for +10mins) then i'm happy not to have to worry about brake fade:bicycle:

Lookrider

Sage advice Lookrider ... thank you. I’m certain the F12 will suit because I’ve been riding an original 65.1 Dogma the past 6 months, and I too am not crippled by it. :becool:

Go buy it ...and smile all day long at it

Ps I am a sailor for a living so we have people from all over the world joining ships all over world
So ...a uk based mate wanted a top range giant propel ..it retailed approx 9k here in uk
Our mate in aussie got it for 6k over there and brought it here in a bike box straight from the shop...he was joining his ship in uk as luck had it
The moral being there is big savings to be had on the continent ...granted we do not pay for flights as the employer does
Once we leave europe you will also be able to claim back any VAT at the source of sale
Pinnerello experience have a shop in manchester I believe ...of course going down that route may not abide to well with your friendship of your mate selling ....but hey business is all about money

Lookrider

Sage advice Lookrider ... thank you. I’m certain the F12 will suit because I’ve been riding an original 65.1 Dogma the past 6 months, and I too am not crippled by it. :becool:

Go buy it ...and smile all day long at it

Ps I am a sailor for a living so we have people from all over the world joining ships all over world
So ...a uk based mate wanted a top range giant propel ..it retailed approx 9k here in uk
Our mate in aussie got it for 6k over there and brought it here in a bike box straight from the shop...he was joining his ship in uk as luck had it
The moral being there is big savings to be had on the continent ...granted we do not pay for flights as the employer does
Once we leave europe you will also be able to claim back any VAT at the source of sale
Pinnerello experience have a shop in manchester I believe ...of course going down that route may not abide to well with your friendship of your mate selling ....but hey business is all about money

OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
PS re discs i think they look better when you have deeper section rims ie 35mm and upwards. Also for the long descents we have here (i can easily descend at ave 60kmh for +10mins) then i'm happy not to have to worry about brake fade:bicycle:
I think if you have the topography you ride on I would too would go for discs, but I can’t get away from the fact that (to me) they’re unsightly and the terrain here is generally flat so they’re unnecessary too. I don’t take my old bike out when it’s wet, and the new one definitely not so I’m certain good rim brakes will suffice.
Agree too that the deeper the rim the better / less noticeable the discs look :becool:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
If this is your forever bike which you don't want to 'date' quickly, then discs for me would be vital. Personally, all my modern bikes have discs and I would not even consider buying a rim brake bike now. A large part of that is in protecting the expensive rims.

OP
OP
Colin Grigson

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
This is my selection from the ‘My Way’ which only shows an image of the bike with discs (regardless of brake type selection) .... it’s interesting that the discs are (as you said) much less noticeable because of the rim size ... I could live with those ... in fact I’d love to live with that bike …

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Agree too that the deeper the rim the better / less noticeable the discs look :becool:

Only because the ugliness of the deep section rims then draws your eye away from the ugly discs. Instead of having just the one ugly feature on a bike you now have two of them, both competing for your attention.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My favourite reply so far, although it’s not helping me much with my decision :becool:

It's OK, if it was rust coloured Skippy would be happy.

Top Bottom