Pizza Ovens ( outdoor )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Does anybody on the CC have an outdoor Pizza oven?? do you use it often?? is it just pizza or do you cook other things in there??

Pictures if you can

Kingfisher101

Über Member
I cant see the point myself, just cook it in your normal oven and take it into the garden.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

I cant see the point myself, just cook it in your normal oven and take it into the garden.
so you dont bbq either then?? and why cook inside when its sunny and hot, if you can cook outside???

hey why not just stay inside 24/7 and buy a sun lamp.......and draw in fresh air with fans.......why ride a bike, why not just jump in the car??

sheeeesh

T4tomo

Guru
A mate has one, bit of white elephant. BBQ's get a lot of use, once the novelty has worn off a pizza oven doesn't.

In response to your (somewhat rude) post above, a pizza cooks pretty much the same in a domestic oven as a pizza oven, particularly if you use a pizza stone. Whereas a BBQ is difficult to replicate indoors, as it cooks / tastes differently to a grill. If its hot and you're outside, it doesn't really matter if you have the oven on inside for 20 mins to cook a couple of pizza.

Sheeeesh.....kebabs are better cooked on a BBQ
:okay:

SheilaH

🤣🤣

Being serious though, you can't cook a proper pizza in your domestic oven which is why decent pizzerias in Italy always use wood ovens. Your domestic oven will struggle to get to 250 degrees C, a wood oven will get up to around 400 degrees, cooking a pizza in about 90 seconds. The difference is end product is huge and there is nothing quite like it.

And that is even before we get to the question of wood smoke imparting flavour.

In answer to the OP, I built one about 8 years ago.It is fantastic and we have had some amazing evenings throwing pizza and drinking wine in the garden. Yes, you can cook other things. Many people slow cook meat after making pizzas, having taken all the embers out.

Last edited:

SheilaH

Yum

Attachments

• IMG_20200408_203159_474.jpg
    IMG_20200408_203159_474.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20200525_195158_070.jpg
    IMG_20200525_195158_070.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
J

jowwy

A mate has one, bit of white elephant. BBQ's get a lot of use, once the novelty has worn off a pizza oven doesn't.

In response to your (somewhat rude) post above, a pizza cooks pretty much the same in a domestic oven as a pizza oven, particularly if you use a pizza stone. Whereas a BBQ is difficult to replicate indoors, as it cooks / tastes differently to a grill. If its hot and you're outside, it doesn't really matter if you have the oven on inside for 20 mins to cook a couple of pizza.

Sheeeesh.....kebabs are better cooked on a BBQ
:okay:
my rude response above .......hmmmm i didn't ask for opinions on cooking outside or pizza ovens...

i asked if people had one and what else they used it for......if you dont like them or want one, then ignore the thread and move on, then maybe these responses wouldn't be needed

D

Deleted member 26715

my rude response above
It was

SheilaH

I haven't found that to be the case at all.

In response to your (somewhat rude) post above, a pizza cooks pretty much the same in a domestic oven as a pizza oven, particularly if you use a pizza stone.

Nope. There is no comparison....unless you've got a magic domestic oven that has 3 different types of heat, and a clay base at 350⁰.

Pizza is essentially a leavened flatbread. And just as with any bread, temperature and cooking time are key.

Last edited:

Gunk

Guru
Does anybody on the CC have an outdoor Pizza oven?? do you use it often?? is it just pizza or do you cook other things in there??

Pictures if you can

they’re very “in” at the moment. The chap who delivers our logs told me that their business is booming because of Pizza Ovens.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
I have a Roccbox - in fact I was a crowdfunder of the project. Good gear, does what it says on the tin, and way more convenient than a full outdoor built oven, much as I will at some point build/buy on of those. Used quite a lot in summer, but only for pizza, because design.

Just to be clear, it's an oven, it's used outside, so I hope not needing any feedback :smile:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless

Pictures if you can

Are you talking about a self-built number or off the shelf? I quite fancy one but can't really justify the outlay on one of these Ooni ovens. They cook at 500C! I think someone on here has one.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Are you talking about a self-built number or off the shelf? I quite fancy one but can't really justify the outlay on one of these Ooni ovens. They cook at 500C! I think someone on here has one.
it will be an off the shelf number i think, when i get one..........but i want something that does more than just pizza, although the ooni does look good

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Singletrackworld seems to be the place for pizza oven using cyclists. It's a whole load of faff if you are just cooking for a few people, and quite environmentally damaging.

But there is nothing like a wood fired pizza oven. You could go with a pizza oven add on for the BBQ

https://www.pizzaovenreviews.co.uk/bbq-pizza-oven-reviews/

You'd get more use out of that !

If you are going for a big BBQ area, I'd personally get a couple of gas burners over a pizza oven - then you can cook other food at the same time

Top Bottom