Planet X Titanium frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
a lot of folk lost a great deal.

Yes I visited them not long ago. Mark wasn't there that day however

Perhaps they thought you were a long lost creditor.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
The shame of it is that he's a bloody good frame designer (and builder by all accounts). But...

Origamist

Legendary Member
Thread dredge...

Does anyone have a PX Hurricane V2 and if you do, could you give me an idea of the tyre clearance with and without mudguards, please?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Thread dredge...

Does anyone have a PX Hurricane V2 and if you do, could you give me an idea of the tyre clearance with and without mudguards, please?
I think @ianrauk has built one up so should be able to provide the info you require. They used to quote 25mm max with mudguards when I last looked.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I'm running 25mm Durano Plus and mudguarded and there's still room. I'll have a measure and take a pic later.

Last edited:

Origamist

Legendary Member
Thanks, Ian and Jenkins. That would be great.

I am hoping that my Challenge tyres that measure 29.5mm on my wide rims will fit comfortably under guards and that 32-34mm will fit at the rear without guards.

Planet X currently have the frame for 400 quid. However, that may well change by lunchtime!

Do you have thev or V2 or V1model, Ian?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
£399? Sheesh... I paid double that for mine ^_^
I didn't realise there was 2 versions. I guess mine is V1 as I bought it early 2017. Im out all day today but will get the measuring stick out tommorow.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Thanks, Ian and Jenkins. That would be great.

I am hoping that my Challenge tyres that measure 29.5mm on my wide rims will fit comfortably under guards and that 32-34mm will fit at the rear without guards.

Planet X currently have the frame for 400 quid. However, that may well change by lunchtime!

Do you have thev or V2 or V1model, Ian?

Here we go
upload_2018-11-22_15-58-58.png

Between the bridge it's 4cm. under the mudguards its 5cm.
Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Roger

Veteran
Purchased mine in February this year and fitted 28mm conti 4 seasons, now fitted mud guards and there is enough clearance on back wheel but it might get tight with 32mm tyres. When I purchased bike specification said it would take 38mm tyres max and 32mm with mudguards, I tried to fit 35mm tyres but no way would they go in, touched chainstays. I contacted PX and they informed me specification was wrong and had been changed to 32mm max tyre size. I am going to try some 33mm cyclocross tyres next year for riding off road on trails. Love the bike.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hi,

I'm thinking of getting a Hurricane too. Do you think 28mm tyres would fit on the rear? From your picture/measurement it looks like it would at the bridge, but is there as much room at the chainstay?

Thanks, Nick
With the 25's i'm running there's at least 5mm spare

Flandrien

Purchased mine in February this year and fitted 28mm conti 4 seasons, now fitted mud guards and there is enough clearance on back wheel but it might get tight with 32mm tyres. When I purchased bike specification said it would take 38mm tyres max and 32mm with mudguards, I tried to fit 35mm tyres but no way would they go in, touched chainstays. I contacted PX and they informed me specification was wrong and had been changed to 32mm max tyre size. I am going to try some 33mm cyclocross tyres next year for riding off road on trails. Love the bike.

So, in summary, would it be safe to say that it can take 32 mm tyres without mudguards and 28 mm with mudguards?

Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom