Planet X Titanium frame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Hi guys
Haven't posted in a while.....

Has anyone owned or had the pleasure of riding a PX Ti frame/bike before.
I'm seriously thinking of moving from carbon to Ti purely due to the fact I really like the retro looking tubed frames combined with the sort of riding I want to do in the near future.
I have of course looked at the big Ti manufacturers but the PX Spitfire is really taking my interest currently.
I would more than likely buy frame only and transfer my ultegra di2 group accross if the frame allows. If not I'd be more than happy to sacrifice the di2 and go back to mechanical if it meant getting the frame I like.
Any other suggestions would also be greatly appreciated, although I'm not made of ££$$
Thanks in advance

vickster

Legendary Member

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Thanks Vicky.

Yes I have the PX Hurricane frame. I bought it in April and use it mainly for commuting, touring and wet weather riding.

Like you may do, I swapped over the components from another bike (Ultegra). The only job I got my LBS to do was install the headset. The rest I did myself.
The LBS did also comment at how nice, well made and was impressed with the quality and craftmanship of the frame. He said the frame is in perfect alignment and the BB and headset didn't need any facing.

The frame is far better looking in the flesh then as the pictures show on the PX website. The finish is quite shiny (how I like it) compared to other Ti frames like Enigma and Spa. The welds are also very neat as one would expect from a Mark Reilly designed frame. (Previously Enigmas frame designer).the graphics are also less garish then some other brands imvho. (brushed rather then added decals)

I've done 3300+ miles since I got the bike and the more I ride it the more I enjoy it. I do ride it with full mudguards, a rack and pannier bags and even fully loaded up it's a fair nimble bike. Every now and then I take the rack and pannier off and have a good old bomb about on it.

Another note to consider is that the warranty of PX titanium frames is 5 years, compared to my Van Nick which is a lifetime warranty. But I'm not worried about that. Others may be.

Would I recommend the frame? Absolutely.

20170324_145024.jpg

Bombing about mode
pxhurricane1.jpg

Commuter mode
pxhurricane2.jpg

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Thanks Vicky.

Yes I have the PX Hurricane frame. I bought it in April and use it mainly for commuting, touring and wet weather riding.

Like you may do, I swapped over the components from another bike (Ultegra). The only job I got my LBS to do was install the headset. The rest I did myself.
The LBS did also comment at how nice, well made and was impressed with the quality and craftmanship of the frame. He said the frame is in perfect alignment and the BB and headset didn't need any facing.

The frame is far better looking in the flesh then as the pictures show on the PX website. The finish is quite shiny (how I like it) compared to other Ti frames like Enigma and Spa. The welds are also very neat as one would expect from a Mark Reilly designed frame. (Previously Enigmas frame designer).the graphics are also less garish then some other brands imvho. (brushed rather then added decals)

I've done 3300+ miles since I got the bike and the more I ride it the more I enjoy it. I do ride it with full mudguards, a rack and pannier bags and even fully loaded up it's a fair nimble bike. Every now and then I take the rack and pannier off and have a good old bomb about on it.

Another note to consider is that the warranty of PX titanium frames is 5 years, compared to my Van Nick which is a lifetime warranty. But I'm not worried about that. Others may be.

Would I recommend the frame? Absolutely.

View attachment 369682

Bombing about mode
View attachment 369684

Commuter mode
View attachment 369683

I know it won't be to you, but bloody hell that saddle looks uncomfortable

OP
OP
Doyleyburger

Doyleyburger

Veteran
@ianrauk , you legend thanks so much thats been that been a great help buddy.
I'm also toying with the idea of a Curve Belgie frame which would come from Australia.....Lovely frame
Screenshot_2017-08-21-08-21-36-1.png

Obviously a bit nervy about something coming all the way oz

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
OP
OP
Doyleyburger

Doyleyburger

Veteran
Yes iv been chatting to Ryan Flynn aka 'Rhino' from the Cycling Maven vlogs about the frame.....tempted

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I love titanum so much - i just stripped the sram etap groupset off my Synapse hi mod disc and put it on the custom Ti and will be selling the frameset so i can purchase another Ti frame. Planet X is were im looking

Top Bottom