Pork pie piffle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Adam4868

Guru
Which was in Little Harwood. I had most of my window cleaning round there.:okay:
Sure your right,the firm I worked for as a apprentice had the contract for Matthew Brown pubs and brewery's.It was in the days when you had 2/3 pints at lunch.If I'd did that now I'd need to have a lie down 😁

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Not pies (obviously),but i thought i'd try them out.

1620238509992.png

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Sure your right,the firm I worked for as a apprentice had the contract for Matthew Brown pubs and brewery's.It was in the days when you had 2/3 pints at lunch.If I'd did that now I'd need to have a lie down 😁
I worked at Thwaites Brewery as an apprentice painter and decorator. When/if you were a 'bad boy' the painting foreman would send you to work in the brewery,not the actual pubs as a form of punishment. Punishment?! We painted feck all,all day and spent most of the time at the top of the lift shaft with gallon containers full of beer! 🍺 :wacko: :okay:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'd start in Wigan and sample Blackburn's, Accrington's (any tips @Accy cyclist ?)
Don't get me wrong,i like a decent pie,but i'm not like those anorak type real ale purists who take little note pads to beer festivals and write down their thoughts about the stuff they sample. There's a decent pie and cake shop here in Great Harwood 4 miles from Accrington. I bought a steak and Stilton pastie and a pork and stuffing pie yesterday. Their pies are much better than supermarket cheapo pies xx( I've thought about buying something like this https://www.menkind.co.uk/hairy-bik...48tJ_FlNwByi96igZYml_wL1dGqWIDEhoC8e0QAvD_BwE. You could create any pie filling you like. Pork and apple,garlic steak,bangers and mash,fish and mushy peas,ham and pineapple.....:whistle:

Last edited:

Tribansman

Veteran
Don't get me wrong,i like a decent pie,but i'm not like those anorak type real ale purists who take little note pads to beer festivals and write down their thoughts about the stuff they sample. There's a decent pie and cake shop here in Great Harwood 4 miles from Accrington. I bought a steak and Stilton pastie and a pork and stuffing pie yesterday. Their pies are much better than supermarket cheapo pies xx( I've thought about buying something like this https://www.menkind.co.uk/hairy-bik...48tJ_FlNwByi96igZYml_wL1dGqWIDEhoC8e0QAvD_BwE. You could create any pie filling you like. Pork and apple,garlic steak,bangers and mash,fish and mushy peas,ham and pineapple.....:whistle:
Brilliant, thanks! Will definitely sample the steak and stilton :okay:

Know what you mean about real ale oddballs aficionados. My descriptive vocabulary for beer is pretty much limited to refreshing/beautiful/ok/vile

Edit: that pie maker's genius!

Top Bottom