Possibly the Best Bike Shop in the World

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nah, the best bike shop are those ones with obscure bearings and that nut you can never source from any shops. It is stocked with stems, bars, wheels etc for a personal bike fit; none of this e-commerce from a store!

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Roger Page Cycles in Birmingham (sadly long gone) was like that in the early 90s: NOS stuff from 20 years before, and little drawers full of random bits. And I could get a frame impeccably enamelled for £30. It's £190 these days.

I translated that as if you come into store you can see some prototypes of what we sell and then we make you order it online.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Blimey, that's a bit different from when I went to buy a Dura Ace Groupset from them. Dingy industrial unit tucked away somewhere in the back of Preston that took me an age to fine.

Looks too 'Pinarello' to me, and even their shop's not that fancy.

What's the new scent - GT86 ?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Roger Page Cycles in Birmingham (sadly long gone) was like that in the early 90s: NOS stuff from 20 years before, and little drawers full of random bits. And I could get a frame impeccably enamelled for £30. It's £190 these days.

I think it's even more than £190. More like £300 or more, especially with fancy paint jobs.

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
New Ribble LBS

It'snot far away so I will ride over for a look. Hopefully there wil be secure bike parking.
No don’t go you will be tempted. You will be in so much trouble with Mrs PaulSB.
I have an idea say you are looking after the new Ribble for friend , “ His wife gets angry when he buys a new bike , she is not understanding like you darling.” ^_^

• Laugh
Reactions: C R
Top Bottom